Is this okay?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 3:11pm
via Android

Well in the four weeks I've been dieting, I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds. Well yesterday I had a cheat day, where I ate a burger and fries, with an iced tea, sweetened:x and afterwards I had ice cream. Will this take me a few paces back because I did this?:/

09 Feb
Maybe but don't get too down about it. Don't make it a habit and move on! :)
09 Feb
I certainly don't plan on it. When I'm eating healthy, I'm so energized, but when I ate that stuff, I felt so sluggish. I went to bed at like 9, which is super early to me:x it made me feel so horrible:(
09 Feb
Try not to call it a 'cheat' day. That has bad connotations. A break day, or naughty day. It's ok! :)
23 Mar
I bet you didn't suffer a setback. Occasional splurge days are beneficial for some reason. As long as you stay below 1900 total calories(or whatever your break even count), you still maintain deficit and stay on course.
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 5:01pm
via iOS
Its fine. As long it doesn't happen everyday. Even if the cheat meal made you eat a 1000+ cals it's still less Then 1/3 of a pound you'll put on. So it wont have any larger impact on your long term results :)
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 5:07pm
via Android

I ate this thing last sunday at a local resteraunt. It was called a "cardiac arrest". It was an open faced double third pound burger, it was mixed with fries and cheese on top, oh yeah and bacon and i also had ketchup with it. So im guessing this burger was well over 2000 calories, so i did really bad that day. I took my weight at 203lbs the night before, when i came home the next day afterwork and took my weight it was 197. So just because you have a bad day, doesnt mean your doing bad. I really only eat that badly maybe once a month, because i need a break from eating too healthy lol.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 5:12pm
via Android

Thank you guys for the feedback:3 I feel way better than I did last night!:) haha but that's because I worked my butt of this morning:P

09 Feb
That's awesome!
49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Feb 10, 2013 1:47pm
via iOS
Cheat days should always be expected.  I have one on Wednesdays or Sundays sometimes. I just stay the course on other days.  Trying to catch up will cause your body to react negatively and you will get discouraged. If you find yourself craving and your energy level low, you may not be geting enough calories.  Recovering from starvation mode is discouragint in itself.  Eat at least 1200 calories to stay out of starvation mode and exercise to burn calories that you consume above your target.  Some people need more than 1200 to stay out of starvation mode, others can get by on less.  It depends on your current body composition.
10 Feb
I 1,000% agree with what Jerry said...I actually lost more weight with upping my cals from 1400 to 2000 (of whole, clean, as natural as possible foods) and daily calisthenics...I'm still on my journey but these changes have made a huge difference.
23 Mar
2000 works if you are very active. 1900 will quicker response in most of us. I use 1650 as my target. 1400 would be too close to unrealistic for me also.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51