Runners out there.. how do you stay motivated?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 30, 2012 12:38pm

So I've been running for a long time, but realistically more hard core for the past two years.

Been training regularly, switching up my program, adding new things, paying attention to myself to prevent injury. And for the most part, have been doing good.
But the last two weeks, I've lost that spark. Nothing in my life has really changed, nothing work or family related. But it started with one morning, I just had bad stomach pains, and decided to skip that morning run for fear of doing something I don't want to do in my running shorts while on my run, lol.
But after that day? I ran the next day sort of half-arsed, then skipped the following day, then skipped that next day, ran a bad overall run, and continued the pattern...
How do you guys get that motivation back if you lost it? Or how do you continually stayed motivated?
Should I consider supplements, for that extra umph? Pre-run drink mixes? Yoga? Meditation?
Any advice would be awesome, thanks!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 30, 2012 2:07pm
via iOS
If you want to keep running, I get motivated when I have a goal. My next one is a race of 10km
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 12:15am
via iOS
I'm in cross-country, and I'm starting to run everyday.. My whole
Body hurts afterwards and I can barely walk, but, I make a time up when there are no cross-country mettings, workout, run for like an hour.. And drink a lot of water, do some exercises on here everyday, be confident and lose weight. :)
Image_thumb
131 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 1:22am
via iOS
Do you do yoga? Warm ups? I stay moviated by seeing the results I gain from running
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 1:35am
via iOS
I tell myself i am not gonna do good the bext race unless i et out and run. I am also gaining weight so i tell myself im gonna get skinnier if i run
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 2:05am
via iOS
Maybe have a week off - you sound like you've earnt it and clearly your lacking the uumph, then set goals again as you will find you want to quit during so start out with a shorter run and even if it's half hearted it's better then none - try and beat that the next time and so on...good luck.
Image_thumb
134 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 2:18am
via iOS
I would try to find a 5k near your house and enter it. Most arent really expensive. That will give you a goal so you know that you can't mess up it for. And remember to always take at least one day off.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 31, 2012 3:40am
via iOS
I don't know if it's so much motivation rather than applying yourself. When you run, think about it. Personally, when I run, if I think about it I can push myself and feel better about my workouts
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 12:01pm
via iOS
I use the Run keeper app and challenge myself  with goals. Timing, distance, heart rate  
When I get bored of an activity, I change it for an other cardio workout and challenge myself again into it!! 
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Sep 4, 2012 1:04am
via iOS
I'm in cross country so I'm used to running now
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Sep 4, 2012 7:23pm
via iOS
Stronger-Kanye West.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51