Calorie Burn Question

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 5:56am
via iOS
I noticed that when I workout, the bar where the time lapse is shows numbers of calories burned... Is it somewhat accurate?
23 Feb
You should definitely buy a heart rate monitor. Those are accurate, mine is the polar ft4 and I love it! Tells me the exact calories I burn (:
23 Feb
I might just do that! :) Thanks!
23 Feb
You're very welcome!! It's very very useful, now I can't do a workout without it! :)
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 6:14am
via iOS
I've been wondering the same thing!
Image_thumb
217 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 7:45am
via iOS
I think it's just a rough estimate because people's bodies are built differently like people have different metabolism rates etc but I think it might be partially accurate because you have to enter your current weight before you see how many calories you're burning. Idk
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 7:47am
via iOS
Thanks for that :) im just a bit surprised since one work out burns 300+ in 30 mins :)
Image_thumb
156 Posts
Feb 23, 2013 8:50am
via iOS
I've found estimations to be high. When walking my dog I use other means to calculate my calories burned and they come up 100 cal short compared to here. I've also noted workouts here that are similar to others I've found on the web and their estimations are lower than what I have found here. It is difficult to calculate calories burned in the first place but this app offers a firm number rather than range so an already difficult task is made harder.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51