Counting calories...

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 4:31pm
via Android

Ok this is very confusing to me and someone will have to dumb it down for me. Im ob a 1200 calorie daily intake..im also doing some exercise. Everytime i log my exercise into my app...my daily caloric intake goes up..do i just ignore this and just eat my 1200 calories or do i eat more ??? And as far as exercise a day i normally burn between 200-500 calories..is this bad ?

26 Feb
Lets say in total they allow 1200 calories a day and you burn off another 500 doing exercises. This means your food intake must be 1700 calories for that day and so on.
26 Feb
Ok that's what gets me ...why would you eat the calories you burned to lose weight??
26 Feb
If you want to maintain your current weight then you should eat the add calories. But if you want to loose weight then stick to your 1200
Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Feb 26, 2013 6:26pm
via Android

because if u dont take in enough calories..ur body wont b able to perform a 1200 calorie diet is low and u will b losing weight just on ur diet...so if u r going to b exercising u need to increese ur intake..u will lose weight and get toned..hope this made sense,good luck

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 26, 2013 10:54pm
via iOS
It is important to ensure you eat enough calories in a day and replenish what calories you lose working out, because your body needs a certain number of calories just to function. This amount of calories covers your resting heart rate, fuel for your mind to think clearly, ensure your muscles get enough energy: everything. Cutting down on calories below a certain amount is bad because your body is losing nutrients and units of energy just to survive. It may seem like a quick solution in order to lose more weight but it can actually be dangerous in the long term. Work out lots and get strong and healthy, but make sure your body has enough fuel to do so!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 1:05am
via iOS
Calories are not too important as long as you burn more than you consume

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51