How did you cut down or stop this bad habit?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 7:25pm
via Android

Is anyone here a smoker? If so have you stopped since you started workin out, or at least cut down? I need a new method to help me quit because its really interfering with my workouts obviously.. Wish i never started but i can't go backward only forward, so can i have help with a few ideas to help me? Its really appreciated.. I'm new still to this app so i hope i do this right lol, my fault if not -__-

02 Mar
I suggest that, consider you friends and boyfriend will left you. If you don't stop smoking. Also, try to avoid smoke during stress. Bye
02 Mar
I started smoking when I was 15 and to be honest I was a chain smoker which was pretty gross.. I didn't like it at all I live here in Indiana and the Steel Mills are a couple miles away so the air isn't yes freshest here but I went to North Carolina for a week and let new tell you the air is so much cleaner I hated the smell of smoke.. it was gross so I quit about a month and then I got really sick to the point that smoking just tasted so nasty and I kept...
Icon_missing_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 7:50pm
via Android

I've stop smoking for 6 years now. My advice is start with smoking less each day, as you slowly get your self off of it. Your body will get used to not having to smoke as much and soon not needing it at all. Also try not being in the same room as people that are smoking until you know you can controle your want for one. only you can help yourself. That's how i quite smoking. Good luck.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 7:52pm
via iOS
Just do something that you can forget about the bad habit
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 8:43pm
via Android

Girl I still smoke and im working out. Cutting back though. When i want a cigarette, ill grab some sunflower seeds instead... or ill grab some weights. Its gonna take time for the both of us because ill admit it, I LOVE smoking. It really takes the edge off. But they say working out will do the same. :) Good Luck.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 1, 2013 10:11pm
via Android

All of your comments will help thank you, I'm smoke when i get any type of emotion..whether it be happy, nervous, sad, mad etc.. But i will use these tips cuz i need to be healthy..and good luck to y'all as well

203255_100000312227240_203201714_n_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 4:03am
via Android

Chantix!

I quit smoking with chantix 5 years ago and I've never look back

02 Mar
It wasn't as easy as they make it sound.. But it worked
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 4:49am
via Android

I quit smoking weed after 3 years, weed is also mentally addictive and it is also bad because it made lazy to work out and if i worked out i would smoke and then get the munchies.

02 Mar
My husband is a big smoker too and i would always catch contact and get munchies with him.. he is incarcerated now so once hes out he has to stop or he will MTR.. so with the stress of him being gone, me tryna stop smokin, and stop eatin crazy on this diet tip.. the only outlet there is for me is exercise but its still hard for me to quit feenin cigerettes..
Image_thumb
191 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 8:42am
via iOS
I went one cig at a time. So if I've had my lunch and fancied one instead of going straight away I'd wait 10 mins, and have a cup of tea to fill the time. The next time 20 mins and so on until I was skipping a whole fag break. I wud smoke at specific times especially cause of work and obviously meal times. So this really helped me to create longer gaps between each one and eventually cut it out completely. 
Good luck it's a hard habit to kick! Try to think of things to distract urself and keep busy. 
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Mar 2, 2013 8:52pm
via Android

It took me about 20 times to stop and i started chewing. The hand to mouth thing drove me crazy. Its time to give that shit up all together. Im slappin on a patch tomorrow. It mite take awhile to get wat ur after but just keep pluggin away and ul get there!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51