How do I get started??

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 12:54pm
via Android

Hello everyone, I'm Nina. I have never really worked out before, but I'm ready! I just don't know where to start. I'm 5 ft 2 i weigh about 150. I'm starting to see my legs and stomach getting too big for my liking lol. I walk to and from work everyday, about two miles in total, but that doesn't really seem to matter. I'm open to taking advice on routines and eating suggestions. Please help, thanks in advance.

15 Mar
Your daily 2 mile walk is great, but now your body has become accustomed to that and needs a challenge...that stated, I'm really not the one to give you advice since I'm just re-embarking on my own fitness journey, but I can tell you whats worked for me: start slow. I just did the "off the couch blast" and it was more exercise than I expected :) Here's to our success!
15 Mar
Hi nina welcome to skimble...it's a great place for motivation & to be inspired. There are enough people on here to aid u with what you need! I personally say cardio workouts to burn fat & lose weight! There are plenty on here with jogging on the spot-squats-skipping-jumping jacks-planks & it goes on. Soon enough u will find ones u like more than others! Eat well obviously - chicken/fish/vegetables/nuts/berries & cut out sugary food. Good Luck
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 3:37pm
via Android

You've probably already used to the distance. Drinking water (eight 8oz glasses per day or more) wages the grass out of your system. You can start on the weekends by power walking two miles. So you start to build up cardio and the blood flow is not overwhelming. Avoid sweets, but you need to start little by little. If you drink sodas everyday, try once every 3 days then it'll be no sodas at all. Soft drinks and alcohol are empty calories, they don't help with anything. Don't drink your calories, search calculating calorie intake. Good luck!! Good it helps ^_^

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51