Toning? Or weight loss?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
106 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 2:34pm
via iOS
I'm 16. I'm not that out of shape. I weight 118 and I'm 5 foot tall. When I check my bmi it shows I'm at goooood weight. But I have this annoying belly fat and my legs and butt aren't as tones as they should be. I was thinking weight loss would help but I'm not sure. Should I just worry about toning up or losing my weight??
18 Mar
Hun. You already said it. Your not as toned as you liked to be. Toning yourself up is both. Your decreasing your body fat and increasing your muscle mass. Its not all about working out, eating smarter is a big part.
Image_thumb
106 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 5:06pm
I've been counting my calories here lately. And I workout alot but I'm just so confused on what to do
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 5:14pm
via iOS
Diets are unhealthy. Follow the Canadian food guide and eat healthily. You should start doing home excersise to begin working out, eventually moving to a gym and using weights and machines. Losing weight is great if you're obese which you are not, toning is adding muscle and losing fat but muscle ways more than fat so you may end up weighing more but looking amazing. Running is a good start to excersising, it's easy and fun if you have the right mind set to be healthy! If anything increase your calorie amount because you need the extra calories when you're excersising. You can start with excersises on here but If I were you I'd check out bodybuilding.com and they can help you find a program to suit your exact goal. It takes time patience and dedication, but being healthy never looked so good!!!
18 Mar
Thank you! You've helped me the most! Thanks for the info :) and I've been wanting to go to the gym but its to expensive right now.
Image_thumb
106 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 5:19pm
via iOS
Is there a way I can gain muscle without looking really built and bulky you know what I mean?
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 6:41pm
via iOS
Weight loss because you'll be getting toned and losing pounds at the same time and getting defition.
49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Mar 18, 2013 7:42pm
via iOS

If you work on toning, and cardio, you will find that the fluffy stuff will clean up.  All around resistance and core training will benefit you.  Focus on a different area each day.  Mix in cardio most days. Make sure you eat right. No fad diets. (Forget low carbs, vegetable only, no emphasis on single nutrients.)  Generally 15/30/55 protein/fat/carbs is a good balance of these nutrients. Eating the right foods will get you there.  Increase proteins a little if you are doing intense resistance/weight training.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51