Goal to get fit for my wedding but I've got a neck injury

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 3, 2012 6:15pm
via Android

Hi everyone! Started working out a month ago but I haven't been very consistent. Now I'm scheduling everything into my calendar. I'm getting married in December, so I have to look and feel my best!

One concern I have is that I have a neck and shoulder injury from a car accident. When I do crunches my shoulders start hurting quite a bit. Will this go away after a while? What are some safety tips to keep in mind?

Thanks
Yasi

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Oct 3, 2012 10:14pm
via Android

Maybe u might want to see ur doctor before doing anything. We dont want u possibly hurting urself any futher, especially with ur wedding being so close...

Image_thumb
74 Posts
Oct 9, 2012 3:38am
via Android

Honestly yoga is the best thing for getting lean toned muscles and is not known to cause any type of damage. Its all about being slow and Fluid. Give it a shot

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Oct 29, 2012 7:48pm
via Android

Thanks! I'll try that.

Icon_missing_thumb
135 Posts
Oct 29, 2012 10:04pm
via iOS
Hey what's up. You really shouldn't do any workouts here while you have an injury, you will just do yourself long term damage. You're still young enough so it should heal, but you really need to go see a doctor and get some expert advice.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 29, 2012 10:09pm
via Android

The most important thing about being healthy is making sure you dont hurt yourself. Priority first, check with your doctor and make sure your in the clear. After that, let us know what the news is, so we can atleast give you good information.

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Oct 30, 2012 5:43am
via Android

You can try and support it but my advice is to stop doing those exercises u may cause further injury to ur neck if u keep going but trust me there r more exercises u can do so dnt wrry. Like v sit crunches. Sit on ur butt and pick up ur legs off the ground they can b straight or bent. Then hold ur hands together and twist touching the ground with ur elbow each time u may need to lean back far but its ok. If u hav any questions and congrats. Workout ur arms with weights and resistance bands. It will help ur neck and shoulders. Eat lots of protein by the way and good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51