Tips for a 5k

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 12:16am
via iOS
I'm thinking of doing a 5k next Saturday I been running a lot and fell confident enough. Does anyone have any tips on what to do before or after a 5k, stretches, what to eat, how much to sleep? Thanks all tips will be helpful
17 Apr
My stretching routine goes in one direction - either from the bottom up or from the top down. Also running to the finish line will feel like flying. :-) all the best!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 4:17am
via iOS
Always take a light walk or jog for 10-15 minutes before the run. Do warmup stretches for your hamstrings and flutes and thighs. Eat plain begals before and after along with bananas. Always have water on you while running. Keep hydrated!! After the run, walk for15-20 nonstop to let ur muscles cool down. The next day or few u will still be sore but that is good. If u feel ANY pain during the run, slow down or stop and try to find the reason for your pain. Be careful and safe and God Bless!!! Hope this helps :)
17 Apr
Oh and get at least 9-12 hours of sleep night before and keep a constant sleep time throughout the week.
17 Apr
There are plenty of runners around here. :) I am doing a half marathon next week. It's my first and it's got crazy hills. Any tips on how to get through the last week and the fear?
27 Apr
Thank u both!!!! Fished in 28 mins got 2n place in my age group! Ure tips really helped :)
260928_719281798_1284568929_n_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 10:22pm
via Android

Www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279198-running-tip-so-you-are-about-to-do-your-first-race

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51