just starting out

35 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 2:03pm
via Android

I'm currently 227 lbs and I'm tired of it...this past weekend I have started changing my diet and I'm working my way to getting back to being healthy again...my goal is to be 145 lbs...not really sure where to start and I don't really have anyone to help motivate me but I want to do my best! :)

17 Apr
I'm just starting out as well. I just had my second child who is now 5 months old. I'm 190 and would like to get back to the 145 I was before. I've been eating healthier and taking walks with my kids. I've been trying out some of the workouts and have found a few I like. I'm trying to do at least one workout a day but honestly I haven't made it past 4 days. I'll just keep trying.
17 Apr
I'm 225 lbs, diabetic, high cholesterol, and out of shape. I don't even have the joy of a new addition to account for the weight. I have just been too busy to take care of me. With all of your advice and tips I'm going to make some life and attitude changes. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 3:28pm
via Android

I'm sure if we work hard we can both make our goals :)

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 3:40pm
via Android

Im just startin out my self,lets do this !!!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 5:20pm
via iOS
Start with changing your diet! No soda more water, less carbs more veggies, less sweets more fruit! Also, cardio is the best way to lose fat. Try walking or some light jogging with your normal workout routines!
18 Apr
Make I ask why that exclamation point is at the end of the first sentence? I'm not trying to be funny either.
18 Apr
I'm just a really energetic person and use a lot of exclamation points! :) not meaning to be harsh or rude
18 Apr
Oh so you stay pumped:-)
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 5:49pm
via Android

thank you I will definitely try those suggestions  :)

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 5:50pm
via Android

woo!!! we can do it!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:35pm
via Android

Congrats to you for wanting to be more healthy! I'm just starting out as well. I was a BIG Mountain Dew drinker (2-3 2 Liters a day) and major sweet tooth! I have always been skinny and after a major family tragedy, food became my comfort. I just started on Monday, and I limit myself to 1200 calories a day. I am a VERY picky eater and have been my whole life so finding healthy foods was a struggle for me. For breakfast, I eat a banana and a light and fit Greek yogurt, lunch is a salad, fruit as a snack, and dinner, I made a low calorie (296 per serving) meatloaf, and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. And since I started the diet and working out again, I've dropped 4 pounds since Monday alone! So as long as you have your head into it and are dedicated, it can be done. I am the LAST person that can handle yucky diet foods, so finding things that worked for me was quite a chore, but it was possible after much research. You would be surprised what little things you can change that can make a huge difference. Good luck!

18 Apr
Best of luck to you in your goals for all you hope to achieve. It sure sounds like you are on the right track and know what your goals are. Again, best of luck to you.
Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:43pm
via Android

thank you :) ima picky eater too lol in fact I really don't like many kinds of veggies so I'm having to change my eating habits drastically....I found an app that lets me keep track of what I eat and how much of it so that's helping, and I'm in the process of bike shopping to start getting more exercise outside :) and I do love me some ice cream but I found a great recipe for some made almost entirely of bananas that I've started eating to cut down on the sweets!

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:52pm
via Android

I'm the same way about veggies! About the only ones I like is green beans and peas, and only out of a can. So I still get my veggies, I just measure it out. I've never been much with fruit either, I go thru phases. But when I went to the store, I got bananas, grapes, and watermelon. The transition from eating junk food before bed to some fruit is not easy, but seeing as I'm losing 2 lbs a day so far, I'm dedicated to the change. I was surprised at how much I liked the skinny cow ice cream too! You should try it. It doesn't taste bland like some stuff, taste totally like it should be full of calories! And my salads, I add 1oz of turkey, a hard boiled egg, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup of 2% cheese, and use the spritzer dressing (1 cal per spray) so my whole salad is like 200 calories. And as for drinks, I HATE water, hadn't drank it in months, prob close to a year. Just drank mt dew. But got some fruit punch crystal light packets, and they are pretty good. Baby steps. And working out is killing me! I haven't worked out in so long, I feel like I've been hit by a train. But I keep thinking of the outcome I will have. My roommate got the diet pills from her doctor and still eats what she wants and is lazy, and has only lost 10 lbs in a month. I'm trying to convince her to change some things but she won't. But when she sees my loss I'm hoping she will

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 11:55pm
via Android

Oh and I tried a food tracking app as well, and just a couple days in, I've found its easier to use a notebook to keep track. Maybe it's just me, but I like the paper and pen way better. The apps just weren't as precise and I could be on paper. I wish I had a workout buddy tho, would be better with that extra motivation :/ at least I think so

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:14am
via Android

I'll definitely have to try that ice cream cuz I miss it lol....I love water though but only room temp and filtered...if it's not filtered I put ice in it and squeeze 3-6 lemon wedges into it :)...oh and I recently found out, after hating asparagus for years cuz it's gross and slimy, that grilled asparagus is AMAZING!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:20am
via Android

Asparagus? Humm never tryed,i love viggies tho

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:26am
via Android

yeah it's really good! but I'll only eat it if it's grilled lol

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:32am
via Android

Don't think I could swing the Asparagus lol I'm too picky for that even. They say fish is a good diet food, yet I've never eaten fish or any kind of seafood and never will. It freaks me out haha. I ate an artichoke a few times, that was good, but dipped in Mayo and I don't eat Mayo on this diet. So that's out. There is so much I've had to cut out! I would love to have a huge Mountain Dew and a candy bar right now lol

Icon_missing_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:53am
via Android

I ended up going to the world of coke and making myself do sick of soda I never want to touch it again lol

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:57am
via Android

I dont eat or drink much sweets,im diabetic

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 12:58am
via Android

Why can't I be that lucky?? I've drank Mountain Dew every day for over 5 years! I could polish off a 24 pack by myself in 2 days! Or 2-3 2 liters a day! And that was ALL I drank! My mouth is literally watering thinking about it now! Haha maybe I could treat myself to 1 a week...

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:00am
via Android

I would have killed myself if I ended up diabetic with the way I drank soda and ate sweets. I didn't care about my health until recently. If a doctor would have said I was diabetic, i would have still did what I did. Glad it didn't happen cuz I would def be dead or permanently damaged.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 18, 2013 1:09am
via iOS
I'm just starting out also, I'm currently around 215. I feel so discused with myself. I want to get to about 150 lbs. I just sick of being this way and def want to change. I'm really preparing for this. And I'm really going to try and succeed. I know I can do this. And I am.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:10am
via Android

Yes its hard,but when sugar low i can have it an i do enjoy it lol

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:10am
via Android

That's a good attitude to have! Just make sure you change your eating habits and stay active and you can do it!

Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:12am
via Android

I've known a few diabetics and I don't think I could handle it. I've got way too much of a sweet tooth. I would fail miserably and probably end up ruining my body from it lol

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:18am
via Android

I admit i do cheat

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:23am
via Android

I am currently 245 lbs, and need to lose at least 100 lbs... Im here to motivate others and stay motivated to get accomplish this!!

18 Apr
Goodluck!! Yu can do it. Just stick to it. I'm currently in process ♡
18 Apr
Thanks Kika! My biggest problems are sweets and eating when I get depressed... But I have been doing pretty good lately and am trying to keep it up!
18 Apr
Oh those sweets huh. My weakness is bread eeek. But if yu get depressed. Come online. Seems like everyone is motivatinh on here..
Icon_missing_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 1:28am
via Android

Well with my new diet, I'm being very strict on myself. 1200 cals a day, no sweets or soda, aside from the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches sometimes. But once I'm at my goal, I may slip a soda and some sweets in there on occasion...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51