Military?

22 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 5:47pm
via iOS
Hey there! I am new here. I am in the process of losing weight, so I can join the U.S. Navy. Are you hoping to be part of the military? Are you in the military? Are you a veteran of the military? My intent is to gain friends here who are or have been in my position. Hopefully, we can motivate one another to reach our goals. Whatever those goals may be. Thank you, and God bless!
18 Apr
I'm doing the exact same thing U.S Navy baby!!! Lol
18 Apr
Omg this is so weird I'm trying to lose weight also to go into navy reserve!!
18 Apr
I leave for the air force in june.. good luck
20 Apr
Even i'm also training myself to serve Indian army
Icon_missing_thumb
43 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 5:57pm
via iOS
That's so cool!! It's awesome you're doing that But I'm not in it sry lol :)
18 Apr
I just realized my post made it seem like I only wanted friends who were military lol I'm really just looking for supportive people who have a goal they are working towards. Thank you for helping me see that.
18 Apr
Oh haha Ur welcome. I just am looking to lose a few pounds and to gain upper and core strength.
18 Apr
19 Apr
My son is on the airforce since December
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 6:34pm
via iOS
My husband is an officer in the airforce and just got home from a deployment.  You need to do LOTS of cardio.  Basic will be tons of running.  Also lift weights to get your strength up.  Do lots of push-ups, and sit ups, and basic will be a lot easier!
18 Apr
Thank you!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 7:17pm
via iOS
I am currently in the navy! I am a seaman. Or E-3 enlisted went to great lakes naval base for basic training
18 Apr
I'm scared!!! How much swimming etc you had to do how was basic
18 Apr
You will really only do swimming if you are looking to go the AW (.rescue swimmer school). :) stuck with cardio weights and abs/pushups.
18 Apr
Thx so much
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 7:25pm
via iOS
You can kik me : tylee.Boushka or text me at 1-920.376-8335 for any questions you have about the navy :)
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 8:18pm
via Android

hey, i am in the army from the Netherlands. i am not sure if i can help since there is a big difference between the army and the navy but i think you should just be in shape mabye a little fitness but mostly cardio

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 8:30pm
via Android

Mostly cardio. I'm in the Marines so cardio will help.

28 Apr
That looks like the gym on camp lejeune. Lol
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 18, 2013 8:45pm
via Android

I'm a 1LT in the Army. If you are not already into a work routine, you need to have one. Don't start off trying to do too much. It could lead to injuries like shin splints and stress fractures. I recommend doing cardio one day and then strength on the next. Do about 30 minutes a day to start off and work your way up to an hour. I a big part of losing weight isn't working out, its about what you eat. Watch calories. Count how many you consume a day and then calculate how much you need in order too loose weight. They are numerous calculators on the web that can help you figure this out. I went on a 1100-1200 calorie diet and worked out 6-7 days a week an hour a day and lost 21 pounds in about 2-3 months. It was a strict diet, but overall I lost the weight and now my body is use to eating smaller and healthier portions. Everyone is different at losing weight so don't give up if it doesn't fall off quickly. Military do runs, push ups, and sit ups, so I do recommend doing these in your workout. Look at height and weight screening tables and what you need in order to pass a physical fitness test for your age group for the navy. Also, invest in a good pair of running shoes. You should buy 2 pairs to switch them out every 6-8 months depending on how often you run. I recommend going to an actual running store to get properly fitted. Hope this helps and good luck!

Image_thumb
57 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 9:36pm
via iOS
I'm a USMC veteran and currently in the army. I would personally look up the requirements for the physical fitness test. And start working your way up to a perfect score. U should do alot of running and weight lifting. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask :) good luck
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 18, 2013 10:16pm
via Android

I'm in the navy :)
Just need to tone up for boot camp.

20 Apr
We got this!
Image_thumb
48 Posts
Apr 19, 2013 4:00am
via iOS
I have a friend in the marines and a few in the army and navy. I do their training with them as a motivator and just to stay in shape lol but im not in the military myself
19 Apr
And lots in the royal air force (im british)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 20, 2013 2:07pm
via Android

I made a really long post about strengt training fitting your goal. Then i got drunk and forgot to post.

20 Apr
Haha nice!
20 Apr
I guess it's the thought that counts?
20 Apr
I'll make another one today or tomorrow
20 Apr
Thank you.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 3:14am
via iOS
I'm currently waiting to go to boot camp in the US Navy. I leave in september(:
21 Apr
Awesome!
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 21, 2013 8:29pm
via Android

Bryan gave a real good advice on how to optimize your conditioning. I will give a try on the strenght department. Specially for a goal as being the best you while joining the navy you should see this as 1 plan. Not 2 seperate things.

First off all your goal is to train your muscles to perform in extreme situations not to grow muscles. So alot of normal gym routines wont fit your goal.

In simple words you want to conditon your muscles so they will be able to endure long and demanding challenges. The million dollar question is how to do this.

What i advice is full body circuit training. The specific excersises can be numerous. Alot will depend on the training options of your gym. But while training with weights go with arround 60% of your max 3 rep weight.

An example that i think would be a good basic circuit.
30 secs : deep squats
Max pullups in 1 set
30 sec dumbell chest press
30 secs deadlifts ( sumo )
30 secs core workout

To start do 3 rounds while only resting after completion of the circuit.

If you have really long to prepare lets say 8 months orso. I would start with olympic weightlifting pure to increase your overal strenght. And later on swith to circuit training.

Pff i feel like this information is just starting to adress the issue. But its hard to give a fully and perfect info thingy trough this board. But the main point you should get out of this is train your body to endurance and strenght. Which is hard to do hehe

21 Apr
You always need to modifie to what you like! I just like to give blueprints which everyone can work with and do their thing.
21 Apr
I can tell it's a good thing I don't give up easily haha
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 25, 2013 12:11pm
via Android

Did you manage to make a workoutplan? Qurious if you already started.

25 Apr
Bryan put together what you and he suggested and came up with something that I could follow step by step. It's Mon-Thurs and I started it on Monday. It's been rough, but it's getting better. In a few weeks I'm suppose to change it up.
25 Apr
Good to hear! Bryan really is a good guy doing all this work for others. Goodluck to hear
25 Apr
With training i ment haha
25 Apr
I agree. And thank you!
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Apr 25, 2013 6:32pm
via iOS
I'm in ROTC and also plan on a naval career  good choice on the navy!!
25 Apr
Any branch is a good choice :) It depends on the person which one they will enjoy being a part of.
25 Apr
Yea and if u ask me the navy is soo under rated when compared to other branches what made you won't to join the navy?
25 Apr
Well I want to join the military, because many members of my family have served. There's a very personal connection for me there. My father is a disabled veteran, and that's just one example. I want to serve my country, as they did. I hear too many people say they regret not serving. I could use the structure in my life as well. I chose the Navy, because I'd be bored in the Air Force and I'm not hard enough to be in the Army or Marines. Navy is the perfect fit for me.
26 Apr
That is the exact same reason for me! Are u in any programs like ROTC, JROTC,ect
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 25, 2013 9:07pm
via Android

I could never join any branche. Me and my smart mouth would be in trouble after 5 mins and fired after 10.

25 Apr
That's just a state of mind haha I'm pretty sure you'd make it
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Apr 25, 2013 9:49pm
via Android

Good luck for your goal, hope you succeed! Respect to Rappa and Bryan for always helping people out on this eh :)

25 Apr
Thank you! And yeah, they're awesome :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 8, 2013 5:35am
via Android

Hey navy spec ops canidate here. Just here to make I don't get washed out the pipeline. Hooyah ;b

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Dec 8, 2013 6:32am
via Android

Air Force vet here - just keep at it, I'm sure you'll do well!

Image_thumb
482 Posts
Dec 8, 2013 4:47pm
via Android

My dad was a vietnam vet. 4Th infantry army his twin was Vietnam vet to 101st airborne army my grandpa was n worldwar to 2 5th army demolition expert my uncle dave army mp my uncle earl retired frm army my step grandpa was n air force also world war 2 vet my moms dad was also n th army and was a world war 2 vet but he received a dishounerable discharge my second cousin kenny was n world war 2 didn't make it home was shot n half by tank my uncle tim served in army no combat tht i knw of my 1st cousin kenny served in army he is a desert storm veteran my great uncle arkins world war 2 vet served n th marines my brother n law served n th navy submarine rat..my adopted grannys grandson is in th marines bout to get out has completed two tours in Afghanistan

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 8, 2013 4:51pm
via iOS
Joined army on Thursday:) hopefully mos 31k is open (k9 unit)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51