How to tone up quickly without weightloss

11 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 26, 2013 2:34pm
via Android

Hi everyone, im new to this. Im 30 and petite with a 2 yrs daughter. I weigh about 100lbs. I obviously dont need weight loss. All i need is to tone up. Although im thin, i feel flabby in certain areas such as my arms and stomach. I would like to tone up quickly for the summer and be able to wear a 2 piece bathing suit with confidence. Please help!!!

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 26, 2013 2:35pm
via iOS
Sounds like you need to work with weights atleast for your arm. For your stomach running or other types of cardio are good
26 Apr
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 26, 2013 3:01pm
via Android

Thanks so much for your advise. Im planning on getting a elliptical machine for cardio. And I believe i have 5 lbs dumbells lrying around somewhere for my arms. I just have to motivate myself. Thanks again

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 9:26am
via iOS
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 4'10" and 95 lbs. I'm skinny but I really feel flabby... especially wearing shorts and knowing my thighs jiggle.  My hubby and I recently bought a treadmill so I'm trying to run and I'm going to start a 30 days squat challenge with my friend starting May 1st. As for my arms... I have no idea where to start.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 9:44am
via Android

If i can give you one advice start working with weights! I know all woman are afraid they will look like arnold zwartzenegger and wont be able to walk trough the front door anymore. That is never going to happen! What it will do for you is make you stronger and tone up your whole body. All the girls who want to tone up and get a great but and legs without adding weights will never reach their goal. Specially if you feel like you should add mass to your frame it will make a huge difference, believe me on that one.

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 8:04pm
via Android

Thanks brittany... Elliptical is on it's way... Yay... Lol... I think I'll pick up some protein shakes too and hope to tone and build some muscle... Thanks...

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 8:08pm
via Android

Wow... Looks like were pretty much in the same situation... For u it's the thighs... For me my main concern are my arms... They jiggle like crazy and I hate it... So much that I  hardly ever wear strapless shirts and when I do I'm very uncomfortable... I'm going to try my best to tone them up first and foremost...

Apr 27, 2013 10:26pm
via iOS
I disagree with using the weights to tone up. One thing about weights, when you stop using them those muscles weaken and turn into fat again. If you do Body Weight Training your muscle memory will be great and you will retain the look even when you dont workout as often.
27 Apr
LOL what kind of bullshit are you talking about. Its nothing more than logic that when you dont challenge your muscles anymore they will shrink. Muscle doesnt turn into fat and your statement about muscle memory i am not even going to discuss. If you want to bring down what i say that is welcome, i always want to learn. But atleast try to come up with an argument
28 Apr
I honestly dont care how you feel nor do i care about your OPINION on what I said. So idk why what i said effected you so much. Have a great day lil man.
28 Apr
First thing fat turning into muscle and then muscle turning back into fat.......
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 2:17am
via Android

Thanks for ur advice. I appreciate it... I'll start my journey next week when I receive my elliptical. I hope I get fast results.  Any more suggestions for fast results especially with my arms and stomach, please do tell!

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 2:18am
via Android

Thanks for your suggestions. What kind is workout do u think is best for my arms and stomach.?

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 2:25am
via iOS
Working out with weights helps. Power lifting or just bench pressing.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51