Is running enough?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
May 8, 2013 3:39pm
via iOS
Hey there I just had a quick question for you guys. I'm currently beginning to run about 1 mile ever other day, now my question here is do I need to do some kind of strength work out per say squats or weight lifting in order to add muscle to my legs and tone them or can I get by with just running??
08 May
I Think running should be enough.. Try to run for 30 minutes even if you have to walk partially.
Image_thumb
168 Posts
May 8, 2013 5:20pm

I have to go with Bryan. Running isn't enough if you want muscles, but do not forget to run now and then. Running is a great way to "keep your body going". It's what people are meant to do. 

09 May
OMGoodness! Bryan, ur a hoot! Everytime I see one of ur comments I'm either learnin something new or dying laughin! And I've noticed I'm not the only person who enjoys ur massive amount of knowledge or ur humor...maybe I just live a boring life but ur funny man haha! :)
13 May
Wow, I thought that was pretty stupid, kinda too obvious :D i was thinking not to reply at all and just leave it to its own, but couldn't stop thinking this :)
Image_thumb
29 Posts
May 8, 2013 7:22pm
via iOS
Thanks for all of your answers guys really big help I appreciate everyone's response :)
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
May 8, 2013 8:45pm
via iOS
Running will actually make you lose muscle. So if your looking for lose fat then I suggest running however it seems to me that you want to gain muscle so I suggest lifting weights.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
May 8, 2013 9:09pm
via Android

A couple years ago i was running between 30-50 miles a week. They didnt get any bigger but they wer hard as a rock. Now if i can get the rest of my body like that id b shittibg in tall cotton!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51