Lower abs

4 posts | Original | Recent
6 Posts
May 8, 2013 8:44pm
via iOS
Hey everyone. Does anyone know any good lower ab exercises? I can never seem to get them to show. Thanks
176 Posts
May 8, 2013 9:27pm
via Android

First off lower ab exercises are almost a complete waist of time. The rectus abdominis is one whole muscle that runs complete across the abdomen. Focus instead on strengthen your hips and lower back. The hip abductors are used for jumping, lifting, and running. When your hips are weak your hips tend to roll forward making your lower abdomen appear bigger and out of shape. The same can be said if your lower back is weak because your core is so interconnected. Aim for exercises that hit your entire core such as planks, side planks, elbow planks, v-ups, reverse crunches. For your back specifically try superman (aka locust pose), hip ups (aka bridge), glute combo kicks, and planks with leg lifts. Go to ab-workouts-guide.com there are plenty of core exercises that you can use to develop the area you want to work on. Good luck and God Bless!

1018 Posts
May 8, 2013 9:37pm
via Android

Go really low in bodyfat. They wont show by just workig them

289 Posts
May 9, 2013 9:26am
via Android

I like this forum topic. I've also been wanting to tone lower abs a bit more. My uppers and obliques I'm happy with but my lowers aren't showing so much.

If anyone is willing to take time to view my photos & workouts and give me feedback on what I can do better I'd really appreciate it. Thanks ladies & gents :)

09 May
Oh and to add I do cycle loads so have worked my hips throughout my time on skimble. Ta :)
09 May
You will have to get really low in bodyfat for your lower abbs to show. Working them is good but not the solution. Woman will have to be arround 13% and men arround 6%. Some pro's have great abbs while not working them that all that much. Just because they stay so low in bodyfay all year arround.
09 May
Actually for woman might be slightly higher. Maybe 2% but it will be different for every person
09 May
Yeah. Last time I chwcked I was 4% body fat...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51