How to deal with family members cancer

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
56 Posts
May 13, 2013 2:40am
via iOS
Ok so here's the story... When I was about 6 my mom got Breast cancer.... I didn't know what was happening because I was so young... They said she was going to die but she didn't...7 years later the cancer has come back and worse this time. This time they can't fix her...it's spine bone cancer... Right beneath the spine almost impossible to reach...the tumor is growing on the central nervous system killing with every minute of every day...it's super hard to deal with and hard not to think about because it's Mother's Day and I want to make her proud of me and be happy she had a good son and I'm worried she won't notice at all the good things I've been doing and I want her to. She has almost a month now.... I'm really worried and I don't know how to deal with this...help please
Image_thumb
203 Posts
May 13, 2013 3:00am
via iOS
Joe. I am sorry to read about your Mother. It is a difficult thing to deal with. I lost my Grandfather to cancer in January. He was going to be 90. We were close and I can understand your pain, but being as young as I think you are, the pain must feel unbearable, but I swear to you it is bearable. That is one of the greatest gifts you can give your mother. More than anything she will want you to get through this as a better person, who is dedicated to living a full, productive and happy life. Mothers Day prayers for you and your Mother.
13 May
Jeremy. My heart goes out to you bro. I thank you for the advice and help on how to deal with this stuff...I hope your right about it being bearable...
Image_thumb
176 Posts
May 13, 2013 3:18am
via Android

Sorry to hear about your Mother. I recently discovered that my Aunt has an early stage of breast cancer. In any case I sure your Mother is proud of you. You may just have to sit down and have a good heart to heart to talk with her. Cherish every moment you have with her, memories are wonderful thing you can share with friends and family. It's something you can keep forever, so go make great memories with her. Ask her about anything and everything about her childhood, growing up, adventures, heart break, and more. Show her everthing you've accomplished and learned. You'll grow closer together and you'll be able to keep that forever. I'll be praying for both of you. God Bless.

13 May
Like I said to Jeremy. My heart and blessings go out to you and your aunt...thanks for the advice and I think talking to her about her childhood would be a good thing for her heart. Thank you so much.
13 May
My Grandfather and I did this as well before he passed. He laughed and was happy thinking about the things he did when he was younger. Great, great advise.
Image_thumb
226 Posts
May 13, 2013 3:24am
via iOS
I am so sorry, Joe; my heart breaks for you. My father died in a tragic work accident when I was nine, so I can understand the pain you feel. You must carry on. Your family is going to need you, and you must be there for them. My mother tells me that she would not have lived through the grief without me and my three siblings. The only thing you can do is turn to Christ. He is placing this circumstance in your life for a reason, and most of the time that reason is not clear. You can go two ways: you can allow this experience to affect you for the rest of your life in a negative way, or you can make this experience life-changing for the better. In times of grief, Christ is the only One who can relieve your pain. He can get you through this, but you must trust in Him. The pain will lessen as the time goes by, but you will always be affected. Every time my father's birthday comes, it feels like my heart is being broken again, but the days keep coming; life does not end. You must allow this experience to change you for the better. I would not be the same if my father had not died. My relationship with Christ would not be as strong as it is today, because that experience made me rely on Him all the more. Without Him, I would never have made it through. You will be in my prayers every day. 

God bless you and bring you comfort. 
13 May
Gosh...I am sorry to hear about your father...and I have been turning to Christianity and Christ as a savior of my pain...I truly cannot find words to say right now...your advice is dear to me and I will not forget you guys or anyone...no one who has helped me through this dark time...your right Ariana...life does go on...but it's always hard to go on with life...
13 May
Life does go on, even in the worst of times. Christ will ease your pain; He eased mine. He will never leave your side. Does your mother know Christ?
Image_thumb
64 Posts
May 13, 2013 10:33pm
Pray, pray, and pray! God heals all!
13 May
Thanks Greg! That's a very true statement
13 May
You couldn't have said it any better.
253127_2115722896090_6887142_n_thumb
2 Posts
May 16, 2013 1:04am
via Android

Wow, this was to comforter one but encourage many who going through a loss of a love one or seeing through an ailment. This blog touch me as I am having a difficult time processing my Grandmother battle pancretic cancer. It came with full force and she is rapidly deteriorating. I know Christ will comforter my family through these days and if it is his will to be heal but the hardest thing is when she looks out the window and says she ready to go home. We may not know the pain they go through but we can give them words of encouragement and laughs to take their minds of the suffering. We may endure pain now but joy will come in
the morning. The peace of God passes all your understanding and find comforter that he has everything in control.

16 May
Thanks that means a lot to me...and I'm sorry about your family member..
Image_thumb
31 Posts
May 16, 2013 2:17am
via Android

Sorry to hear about your mom
Just keep faith it'll be alright

Image_thumb
42 Posts
May 17, 2013 8:45pm
via iOS
Dear Joe!
Your mom raised a great son - she knows that (Im sure of it).
Just enjoy everyday you have with eachother. You will remember that for the rest of your life.
Take Care and all the best!
19 May
Thanks so much.. And I hope your right about that
Image_thumb
58 Posts
May 17, 2013 9:02pm
via iOS
I'm so sorry. I pray for comforting for you. I lost one of my best friends to cancer last year, so i know the pain. She was born with Fanconi Anemia and when she was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia,  they gave her a year to live, 9months later she died. All i can say is tell your mom how much you love her everyday, and enjoy every moment you have left. Ill be keeping you and your family in my prayers
19 May
Thank you! It's nice to have someone to relate to
Image_thumb
203 Posts
Sep 3, 2013 5:47pm
via iOS
Hello Joe. I wanted to see how you were doing? I lost my Father in July and dropped out of sight for a while taking care of things and I am just getting back onto Workout Trainer and you were one of the first people I thought of. I won't say its been easy for me, but as a strong and resilient person in both body and spirit, I am focused on constant self improvement and betterment of my personal well being. I hope you have been too. Please let us know how you are doing or you can PM me if you want to talk more privately.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51