Tattoos / Ink

53 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
158 Posts
May 23, 2013 12:12am

I've given it a lot of thought and I would really like to get a tattoo. The problem is, I have no clue what to get inked, haha! So before I do something I may regret for the rest of my life I thought I'd start this thread in search of inspiration.

My question to you is: do you have any tattoos? If so, what's the story behind it and more importantly what is it that has been permantly inked on your body?!

Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

23 May
The guy I'm following, Jeremy Don, his tat is awesome!
23 May
Yep , Dooz is right !!
23 May
Hey Guys. The Tatt in my profile pic is a graphic overlay of what will be tattooed next year. It's not done (yet). It reflects the complexities of life, the flow of thoughts, and the emotions of life. To me it represents the sacrifice, pain, joy, power, grace and beauty that is life and is a reflection of myself. It flows onto my back and will be in the shape of a wing, on just the left side, reflecting the promise of Grace and the burning flames of the Sins of the World all reflected as flowing art. It will...
23 May
Hey alexander, I have 3 tats 2 Chinese symbols( strength, the other means love) and i have my own cherry blossom on my foot that i drew up myself. My tats stand for me goin thru hard times, struggling to get thru depression n all tht, so mostly i prayed for strength and love is now what i have for myself n not given up. The cherry blossom is for bein a strong woman tht holds it down lol ( thts jus how i describe it). :-) :-)
23 May
Thanks for sharing this!
Image_thumb
21 Posts
May 23, 2013 12:26am
via Android

I have 8 tattoos all representing me or tributes to family...on my ankle I have both my kids name and there are stars going around them (3tats)...i have one my thigh that tge artist drew out for me there are clouds with sun light beeming through onto drum sticks abd rip rj he was a drummer....i have a mermaid that is still being done for my grandpa on my back...above that is a celtic not i'm irish...on my left arm I have the compound structure for adrenaline because i'm an adrenaline junkie and then I have a piece on my left hip basically meaning love is a painful addiction don't know how to add pics...don't get a tat that has no meaning to you...find something that represents you

23 May
That's a bunch of tattoos! Yes, it has to be meaningful, else I won't do it!
23 May
Yea I like ink...lol...
23 May
That's good now you need to find something that is you...
Image_thumb
152 Posts
May 23, 2013 1:11am
via iOS
Dragon on the forearm!
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 23, 2013 2:42am
via iOS
I don't have one yet, but I'm in the process of getting one (designing it right now) but it's to remember my dad by since he passed away last year. If you get a tattoo I suggest getting something that means something to you. Just my opinion.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
May 23, 2013 2:45am
via iOS
I got my last name on my forearm. Means a lot to me because this family has been thru a lot and overcame and stuck they with it. They're right tho make it mean somethin so u don't regret it laster
Image_thumb
79 Posts
May 23, 2013 4:27am
via Android

I don't have one yet but I'm planning to get one with my bestie the summer we'll get sixteen! I'm thinking sth that u can't live without, a person, a moto, a sport. Or just start with a symbol, star, triangle. I don't know I'll probably go with a sailboat or sth hope my inspiration helped:)

23 May
Yes, sailorgirl, you should definitely get a tattoo that involves sailing. I've seen pretty cool tattoos of surfers riding a wave!
23 May
Hahah yeah they are awesome.. So what do u think? U can get one with the Olympics symbol its very famous:-)
Image_thumb
168 Posts
May 23, 2013 5:02am
via iOS
I have two tattoos. 
One at the finger of left hand, it simply says "Love" and is there to remind me what's the most important. 
Other one I have in my neck, it is a simple heart shape and there's no story behind it. Just decoration ;) I love it, so simple and chic with nothing too much. Kinda easy and won't scream for attention. Very me I could say :) 

I am going to take one more. 
My daughter used to sleep in my arms a lot when she was just a baby, and I've been thinking to tattoo a pic from her hand to my chest, where she used to rest it. Also her birthday or name, i haven't decided yet. 
Image_thumb
10 Posts
May 23, 2013 10:37am
via iOS
I'm am covered still want more! Make sure find a good artist as some are quiet dodgy. Both arms are done chest back hips foot tummy. Latest a nice leg lacy garter with a bow at the back. Have my kids names also ;-) A man with tats oh my days weak at the knees x
Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 23, 2013 12:25pm
via iOS
I'm new to this app but loving it!
I have 3 tattoos, a bass clef behind my left ear, a treble cleft behind my right - which signify the importance of music to me. 
My third are 4 stars on my left ankle which represent my immediate family, my sister has the same (: 
23 May
That's awesome! I would like to include music in my future tattoo too, because it's one of my, if not the biggest passion I have. I'm a singer.
23 May
Nice! Yeah I love my tattoos (: wow I can play a few instruments but have never been able to sing :P good for you!
24 May
Something to do with music would be awesome! Im also thinking of getting inked..but don't know either what to get. Something to do with my faith probably :-)
Image_thumb
32 Posts
May 24, 2013 1:16am
via iOS
Tribal cross on my back this summer ill get a truck
2013-05-09_09-34-56_628_thumb
100 Posts
May 24, 2013 1:59am
via Android

I have two for family, I have a almond Hershey kiss with dad tattooed on ribbon, my dad loved almond Hershey bars and would eat one ever day, he loved chocolate. I have the other one on the inside left wrist for sister-in-law, angle wings with hallo and ribbon with 29 club written on it, wings done in purple her favorite color and she collected angles, 29 club instead on birthday and

Image_thumb
158 Posts
May 27, 2013 11:27am
via Android

I still lack inspiration. More stories please!

Image_thumb
28 Posts
May 27, 2013 12:15pm
via Android

I don't have one either, but also have been thinking about getting one, i just recently discovered that i have a sister, my mom and dad were going through a divorce and decided it would be best to give her to another family, so we have been trying to establish a relationship for all the years we missed with each other, so we were thinking we would get tattoos together, something representing our story <3

Image_thumb
1021 Posts
May 27, 2013 2:01pm
via Android

One day i woke up and had idiot tatood on my forehead. Suits me well

Image_thumb
158 Posts
May 27, 2013 6:01pm
via Android

I like the idea of getting a phoenix (Fenix?) tattooed on my left shoulder. I would like it to rise into the sky, rising from the flames.
This tattoo would represent both  change and freedom to me.

Still not sure though, but at least I'm getting inspiration from you guys!

28 May
Make sure when your thinking of your tattoos you have price in mind, that from what I've gathered from your description could cost you upwards of $500, especially if you have it colored in and not just black and shaded, keep in mind too if you are getting a color tattoo you should look to retouch it ever 2-3 years and make sure if you do color and they use white ink it hurst more and it takes longer for the skin to heal. Hope that's helpful, I've seen too many people go in for tattoos that aren't fully informed
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 30, 2013 2:28pm

I have one tatoo and it's of a pheonix. I got it during a transitional time after a really rough time in my life. It's been five years now and I have no regrets!! When I look at it, it reminds me of strength, wisdom, growth and resilience. My advice: get something that will still be able to appreciate as the years go by.

30 May
lol...just read your post about the pheonix. Mine is on my left shoulder too.
Image_thumb
149 Posts
May 30, 2013 2:48pm
via Android

I got 9 myself all representing the things I love

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 30, 2013 2:52pm
via iOS
I have 3 tattoos.......I have four hearts joined by ribbon flowing through them with each of my four kids names on the ribbon passing through each heart - that is on my right shoulder blade. I have an inscription reading Mum & Dad - Survivors - Hope - Love - Strength...... With the cancer ribbon symbol either side and the coinciding colours - one for bowel cancer - my Mum was diagnosed with it and survived - and the other for prostate cancer - my Dad was diagnosed with it and survived - there is also a red rosé bud either side of the ribbons too. My final tattoo is on my inner left wrist and it is Keith Urbans signature - his music has helped me through every heartache I have endured and helped me come out the other side smiling 
Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 31, 2013 12:44am
via Android

I have two so far. A butterfly with flaming wings on my lower black and my son's name on my right arm. I was lucky the guy that did both my tats free hand them both and they both turned out beautiful. I would also advise you to go to a professional don't risk the chance of going to some Joe Blow just because they are cheaper. Cheaper doesn't always mean safer and you could be very dissatisfied with your tat.

Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 5:29am
via iOS
I have a back piece of lillies, a half sleeve and three other tattoos. I need to get my sleeve finished
274340_552197110_2079716929_n_thumb
1 Post
Jun 2, 2013 6:32am
via Android

I have a Shinto shrine gate with Mount Fuji behind it on my right shoulder blade. I decided to get it after my 2nd Dan Black Belt grading to symbolise the spiritual, softer side of the art. I chose the shoulder blade, as the image is least likely to distort regardless of muscle/fat changes through my life. Placement is as important as design.

Image_thumb
31 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 10:25am
via Android

I currently have 4 tats, goin to get 2 more next month, i think tattoos should symbolize you..my tats, i have 1 on my left leg of an outline drawing of my home state w/Arkansas Native above and below it, and the area code of the city i was born and raised in on the inside, a tat on my right leg of a bull because I'm a Taurus, my forearm of a script (too much to write), and the nape of my neck of 3roses w/my daughter name and bday...so tats should symbolize who u r..

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 2:02pm
via Android

I've got my last name down my side. That's what everyone calls me. I went with it on my side because it's easy to hide.

Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jun 2, 2013 2:13pm
via iOS
I have 2 tats. Both are frogs. One is a green tree frog on my stomach. Poor thing has gone through a lot there. He bloated up with me and 5 pg... But he always returned back to normal. The 2nd one is also a frog on my left shoulder. He is a poisonous blue dart frog. I got him when I left my ex for good. 

I am able to hide them both. I have loved frogs since I was a little girl and would always go looking for them. 

If you haven't found something you can't live without, don't settle. It's permanent or will at least cost more to remove it than it did to ink it. 
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 2, 2013 7:59pm
via Android

Just be sure its something you love and go to a great artistYou will pay more for a great artist but its so worth it. Tatts on men that are sexy are ones that go down your rib cage. No arm band ...those are not cute. Good luck on your search!! Be sure to post a pic when you can!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51