5k, 10 K marathon trainers?

3 posts | Original | Recent

274398_1381980006_1431993637_n_thumb
4 Posts
May 31, 2013 1:42pm
via iOS
I started doing a couch to 5k program. So far it's going really well. On top of that, I try to do one of the workout programs on my app, at least every few days. I am hoping to kick some butt at the Color Me Rad run by me in a few months . Any one else training? Any tips ? Thanks
31 May
Hey Chelsea, Couch to 5k programs are great! If you're at all interested in running, you should consider finding a training program. Group support is really helpful, especially with those long runs. We have one is MS called Marathon Makeover. I have to say the most accomplished I've ever felt was finishing my first (and second) marathon. Just doing halves for now, but beating a previous PR is very rewarding. My tips: get good gear (shoes, clothes, water bottle, gel/goo), find a support group, tell everyone (they'll help hold you accountable) and train train train!! Good luck to you!!
Image_thumb
57 Posts
May 31, 2013 8:55pm
via iOS
I am training for a 5k and my training is with a group. We run Mondays, Wendesdays and Fridays, the training takes 8 weeks. The first week we ran 1min walked 1 min and every week we run 1min more each week but stay at the same time for walking i am on week 7 and can't wait for the 5k.
Image_thumb
191 Posts
May 31, 2013 10:56pm
via iOS
I'm doing the powerade challenge which get me to run 9k at the end of 2 months and on top of that I'm doing skimble workouts.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51