Feet work (soccer)

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 3:11am
via iOS
Any thing else besides ladders that help feet work.?????
13 Jun
Football/soccer is not a straight line sport like alot of athletics although athletics drills can help alot. Also try alternating light runs into sprints. To help you get off the matk quicker. And suicude runs as you have to turn and adjust your body. Try doing these with a ball to help your dribbling as dribbling with a ball for a while will strengthen your legs to the point where dribbling with a ball is second nature.this will also help your first touch and close control. Im not a running expert :) but footie/soccer is my passion. Good luck;)
Icon_missing_thumb
88 Posts
Jun 6, 2013 5:12am
via iOS
Stairs, high knees, and believe it or not doing 1 legged squats, bicep curls and shoulder "Arnold" presses while standing on one leg on the stability 1/2 ball.... Builds all those stabilizer muscles around your knees and ankles to give you quick balanced feet!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jun 7, 2013 5:08am
via iOS
Thank you , I like to perfect things an feet work is needed . I'm learning goal keeper now so I can be avirsitial  player ? Any tips on that or exercises?thanks
08 Jun
Hey lexie I'm a keeper and I can give you many tips and drills that can help you. As for workouts, don't limit yourself to just lower body workouts but include your entire body. I do bench presses, overhead presses with dumbbells, bent over rows with a bar or dumbbell, tricep dips, crunches and bicycle crunches. Best leg workouts I do is lunges, squats and calf raises and leg extensions. You'll see the benefits of calf raises and leg extensions in your vertical leap which is essential. One of my favorite keeper exercise is with a partner. Have him toss...
08 Jun
Thank you
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 7:48am
via iOS
Have you heard of the karaoke/grapevine drill? If not you can look up a video of it. It helps with foot coordination.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 2:36pm
via Android

If you arent planning on becomming a keeper i woudnt try to learn it haha. Whole other ballgame :-). If you want to train your technique and ball handling try to find wiel coerver dvd's. This will also help you with footwork and specially with the ball.

12 Jun
I have played all positions besides forward an goalie . I'm working on forward & goalie . I good feet work but there is always room for improvement. Thanks for the help
12 Jun
This does not make sense at all? Why would you want to train forward and keeper? Everyone has an natural position which fits him best. That is kind of pretty clear really fast hehe. If i were you i would train alot more on balcontrol than anything else
12 Jun
I not trying to become outstanding in every position . I'm left wing an that's my position . I play travel an school an nobody will step up to goalie so I'm taking private goalie lessons on side since no else will . I do want to learn them .
12 Jun
If you want it go ahead. Im not here to stop you hehe
13 Jun
Lexie. I applaud you for training to pkay goalkeeper. Keep this is mind. A special player can play just about anywhere on the pitch. If you get the chance to play semi-pro/ professional you will find out quickly which position suits your attributes best.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 8:17pm
via Android

Im having the same issue but im mainly want to work on my left foot

12 Jun
Yeah I'm not great with left foot either that's what I want my feet work to help .
12 Jun
Footwork wont help with your left foot. Playing ball with your left foot is the only thing that will help that problem
13 Jun
Try doing kickups(keepy-ups). Dribbling with your weak foot. Side foot passes. And shooting with the laces.
Image_thumb
123 Posts
Jun 12, 2013 8:24pm
via Android

To play goalie you can't be afraid to get kicked in the face or head. Most likely it will happen.

13 Jun
That's why they say goalkeepers are lunatics

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51