Vegetarians / vegan diets

35 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 3:45am
via Android

I've been a vegetarian for my whole life. Who else is trying to eliminate either just meat, or both meat and dairy from their diets, for either health or environmental reasons? :)

16 Jul
I been trying I hate meat but it is hard to leave it all alone any suggestions
16 Jul
Try eating tofu or vegetarian meat. It almost tastes the same, but has lots of nutrients and vitamins, low fat, less calories and carbs, smaller portions, and much easier to cook. There are so many varieties to use from chicken to ground beef ... you can cook lots of meals just replace meat with it :)
20 Oct
I eat anything. ...
11 Nov
Yeah, keep eating meat lol
13 Jan
I will once i get to the weaight i want....
P2160005_thumb
43 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 4:49am
via Android

Im a vegetarian. :)

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 5:50am
via iOS
I'm a vegetarian
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 6:21am
via Android

Graduate to being a raw foodist ! Begin with at least 60 % of your consumption in raw form, as found in nature ! Your body will thank you for it.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 6:52am
via iOS
Im a semi-vegetarian.  I base my nutrition on veggies and fruits but ill sometimes have chicken or low fat meat. Its all about moderation and smart choises :-) good luck! Follow me on Instagram -@katzgil 
16 Jul
I've been cutting out meat just to try it out and to see if I could do it. Its been a month and I feel a difference.
28 Aug
That's great. I think an organic, or low fat meat choice in small portions is very healthy! You shouls use it as a compliment to the vegetables and fruits to add substance.
1115713_7928833_2022942513_n_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 1:05am

I became a vegan six months ago for health reasons, and have stayed so for health, environmental, and ethical reasons. 

I started with a complete 100% whole foods diet for a month (think Forks Over Knives style).  Since then, I allow a few not-whole foods (think Engine 2, Plant Strong) in my diet every now and then, but always vegan.  

I've lost 25 lbs, have way more energy, need less sleep, and haven't gotten sick once since! 

20 Aug
Very good!
16 Jan
I am following the same plan. I stared two months ago because of health reasons too. Did you lose body fat?
17 Jan
I lost a ton of body fat. As of now, two years in, I went from a size 12/14 to a size 2 and lost another 10 lbs after my last post. I think not focusing on weight or fat, simply health, helped.
17 Jan
Thank you Crystalyn! I'll let you know about my progress!
14 Nov
I'm vegan too and I'm loving it! I made the transition about a year ago and I have never felt better!!
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 2:26am
via iOS
I've been a vegetarian since I was 11yrs old and I'm 24yrs old now I've been a huge animal activist my whole life and have recently just committed to a vegan gluten-free diet. I know vegetarian/vegan diets aren't for everyone but I do think that more fruits and veggies are. I'm also all for supporting local farms/buisnesses. Go green and be kind! Xoxo
20 Aug
I've been vegetarian since I was 13, and now I'm almost 22 :) I eat a 90% vegan diet, now, but once in a while I'll have something with dairy
20 Aug
Thats great! I think its fine to have dairy every now and then. All that matters is that you're trying. A vegan diet is super hard to follow sometimes lol and plus life is all about balance :)
28 Aug
I've been a vegetarian for my whole life. I don't know how it feels to have to cut back on meat, because I would never miss it, so it's natural for me, but you became a vegan so good job!! :D
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 12:55am
via iOS
I tried for three months to go vegan and I felt a big difference and lost a lot of weight. However I was not able to stick with it. I need to get my self control back so I can do it again for another three months.
23 Aug
Well I wish you the best of luck! Here are some tips to eat vegan without feelin like you're missing too much. Drink silk soy milk, eat morning star veggie meats, I recomend those!
26 Aug
Be careful with Morningstar foods. Though they are vegetarian, the majority contain egg! As far as falling off the wagon,don't be hard on yourself! I found that prepping my kitchen for a full week before starting a vegan diet helped so much, as well as finding amazing blogs and buying a few recipe books. I also plan my meals a week in advance and shop accordingly. Leftovers, as a vegan, are your best friend for lunches and quick meals! So are lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Good luck!
28 Aug
There are other brands like gardein, smart deli, and boca. I don't think all of the morning star products contain mostly egg. Maybe it's just their egg biscuit.
29 Aug
I've checked many morningstar products. They contain egg in the ingredients list, and often dairy too. Most of their products are NOT vegan. They do have a vegan burger, but always change the ingredients lists on vegetarian foods that aren't specifically labeled vegan.
29 Aug
*always check the ingredients list
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 2:32am
via iOS
I do drink silk almond milk. Love it!! I will try morning star. I didn't think those were vegan. Thank you!!!
28 Aug
I would double check if they're vegan or not, but they are really healthy, and good to gradually get off of real meat. They might be a little high on salt, but they are smaller serving size, and have more vitamins
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 23, 2013 2:47am
via iOS
I'm a vegetarian 
13 Feb
pqlpl u
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 3:38am
via Android

How can u live without hotdogs in your life

23 Aug
Morningstar vegitarian hotdogs taste the same just no meat!
26 Aug
And Big Frank's
28 Aug
Hotdogs
Image_thumb
96 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 6:27am
via Android

I am vegetarian and was also 11years and did it for the animals ;-)
I don't miss it :-)

26 Aug
Good reason. Its good for the animals, and you too! :)
26 Aug
Thanks! If u need any recipes ;-)
1115713_7928833_2022942513_n_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 12:58am
Be careful with Morningstar foods. Though they are vegetarian, the majority contain egg! As far as falling off the wagon,don't be hard on yourself! I found that prepping my kitchen for a full week before starting a vegan diet helped so much, as well as finding amazing blogs and buying a few recipe books. I also plan my meals a week in advance and shop accordingly. Leftovers, as a vegan, are your best friend for lunches and quick meals! So are lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Good luck!
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 1:36am
via Android

I wish I could eat more vegetables and fruits, but I have a problemI love potatoes, carrots, onions, and corn, but I can't seem to let go of being a 99% carnivoreAny hints?

26 Aug
Try vegetarian meat or tofu, there are so many brands
26 Aug
I can't stand tofu.
26 Aug
I highly recommend reading The Engine 2 Diet or Forks Over Knives. You'll understand what nutrients your body needs, what you don't need (or don't need as much of), how to do it, and get recipes, too. In Forks Over Knives you won't come across fake meat or tofu. In The Engine 2 Diet, you will come across very little.
Image_thumb
145 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 6:44am
via Android

What is a good brand for veggie burgers? I tried the black bean Morningstar veggie patties and didn't like it. Any suggestions?

28 Aug
Black bean? That sounds yummy, but i dont think its the only kind. They have a plain one, you can also try Boca burgers.
28 Aug
Will do! Thank you :) btw, I thought the black bean burger sounded good too .. but I just didn't like it haha
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 2:10pm
via Android

Well, if you want vegan, I suggest smart deli, or gardein vegetarian meat brands. They have a good source of protein and vitamins

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Aug 28, 2013 3:19pm
via Android

M veggie... :-)  but there is one thing missing in all veg diet.. N that is vitamin b12.. Which is essential for brain..
So u guyz know any veg food for that?

28 Aug
Wheat germ. You can make your own veggie meat with it. It's fortified with B12, also just take vitamins.
29 Aug
Wheat germ?? Havent heard before.. Will try out.. Thnx
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 8:40am
via Android

Nutritional yeast and fortified cereals like bran, multi grain, corn flakes are a good source of vitamin b12, also wise to do supplements too if you can

18 Oct
Thank you for the tip! I personally don't believe in taking supplements. However, I love multi or whole grain breads and cereals!
Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 1:40pm
via Android

Ive been a vegetarian since I was 4. I take a lot of pea protein

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 6:52pm
via Android

My pleasure, and well if you are getting your vitamins and nutrients from whole foods , i applaud you! Thats even better

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 1:39am
via Android

I'm working my way to becoming a vegetarian. I eat meat about once a week. I decided to make the change after reading the China study. It changed the way I looked at nutrition.

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Nov 9, 2013 9:18pm
via Android

I'm a vegetarian

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 4:02am
via Android

What do you eat at family gatherings?

11 Nov
Very little food. Food that I know has no meat in it.
11 Nov
Cool, Mike! I've always been a vegetarian, but this year will be my first thanksgiving since the major diet change I started pretty recently! I'll probably take a little spoonful of each thing I might like at a time (veg only of course), because I don't wanna upset my stomach lol
11 Nov
That's the way to go seroux a.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 7:40am
via Android

Vegetarian for 13 years here. I've been thinking about going vegan but it's always the cheese that gets in the way :)

11 Nov
I eat cheese
11 Nov
Same here! But for me, it's veggie meat with dairy products that stop me from being a vegan.
11 Nov
And I was veg my whole life.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 7:45pm
via Android

I've been thinking about going vegetarian for 2yrs now,  I even bought recipe books I just haven't brought myself to start. I don't care much for red meat but I love love fish and once in a while chicken.  More power to you guys.

11 Nov
You still can be a vegetarian and eat fish/chicken. There is different stages of a vegetarian.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51