To count or not to count?

11 posts | Original | Recent
144 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 7:02pm
via Android

Do you think it's better or worse to count calories? Why? I do count calories and sometimes it's frustrating. Is it really the most effective way to lose weight?

07 Oct
water and stay away from carbs like bread pasta rice sugar
07 Oct
Aww man haha okay thank you!
14 Jan
Yes it is! Of course it's not the only way, but it's the best. After relapsing on many different plans, I'll stick to counting. My Fitness Pal is a great help, and it's a free app.
170 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 7:23pm
via Android

When I first started I used to coumt my calories because I was trying to loose weight then I bulked and I started counting my macros and now im cutting so im counting my calories again. The thing is that if u want to loose weight count calories if u want to build muscle count macros :)

07 Oct
Oh I see! Thank you :)
36 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 7:53pm
via Android

i was counting at first as well usinh fitness pal but i fell off but my weight continued to drop. now i was making solid choices with my diet like making healthy options meal to meal and making better choices. also eat in colors n stay away from any and everything white and water water water but u have to have alot of calories in one day to set u back so just dont worry. its not the most important as long as u learn what ur eating n how it affects ur goals

07 Oct
That makes a lot of sense! I'll try eating by colors and drinking more water. Thanks a lot!
667 Posts
Oct 7, 2013 9:39pm
via iOS
To me it's very effective. Because once you find out how many calories your body needs to maintain its weight all you need to do is keep 500 calories lower than that and your going too loose weight for sure. Those numbers are an estimate but works well. I'll say counting calories are good for beginners and advanced.
07 Oct
Wow I never thought about the 500 calorie part. That's very helpful! Thank you
40 Posts
Oct 8, 2013 3:35am
via iOS
Can anyone here estimate what the following might work out to roughly please?

Bowl of scrambled eggs (one whole egg and 4 egg whites)

Handful of walnuts

Large chicken breast and vegetables 
Steak and sweet potato

Tin of tuna and salad
Piece of smoked salmon and salad

Small pro-biotic yoghurt 
08 Oct
If I were at my computer, I could but I'm not at home at the moment. If you don't feel like waiting, you should make an account on myfitnesspal and it will definitely add up those calories for you
2 Posts
Oct 9, 2013 2:05am
via Android

Maybe not the quickest but definitely the best for you body. The best thing is to reduce your calorie intake(not to much) and get more burn more calories. Doing a few 10 to 15 minute workouts a day that are very intense is good as well.

09 Oct
Awesome! I'll remember that. Thanks :)
90 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 12:38am
via Android

DO NOT COUNT,THE CALORIES. Counting them distracts you and makes you feel as if your makin no progress. Try to check every week or so.

21 Nov
You sure you're not thinking of "weighing yourself"?
25 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 10:49pm
via Android

I count calories by using my fitness pal. Ive tried to not count calories it doesn't work out for me so well.

42 Posts
Nov 23, 2013 8:55pm
via Android

I was on weight watchers for a few months and lost weight, but I got tired of looking at food as points. So now I watch my portions and make healthy choices and I'm still losing. But I think it depends on what works best for you. Try both. See which you prefer.

12 Posts
Nov 24, 2013 8:16pm
via Android

I would suggest you to count the calories at the beginning and once you learn calorific and macros values of majority of food stuffs you can stop count and only watch your weight and fat percentage. The best long-term approach is eat clean watching macros in best proportions that would work best for you.

137 Posts
Jan 14, 2014 4:19am
via Android

I dont think so,unless you want to loose the wait becouse of stress...even if,by now you should know use your memory.I wouldent though,just eat healthy..

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51