Confused About healthy food choices and Healthy alternatives to junk food and candys

5 posts | Original | Recent
184 Posts
Apr 21, 2014 5:01pm
via Android

Hello Skimblers
I would like to know if there are healthy alternatives to chips,pizza,ice cream, soda, cookies, burger....
Is softs ice better than ice cream, popcorn better than potato chips, chicken nuggets better than fried chicken or potatoe wedges better than French fries.
And what about salad dressing
Yougohrt dressing or oil vinegar.
So much questions no answers

21 Apr
Scroll to the bottom and youll find healthy alternatives to whatever it is that youre craving :)
1017 Posts
Apr 21, 2014 6:53pm
via Android

Healthier or better, mostly yes. Actually healthy, not so much.

Its doable for some products as long as you prep them yourselves.

7 Posts
Apr 21, 2014 8:02pm
via Android

Chicken nuggets are poison search for Jamie Oliver and chicken nuggets for details and don't ever eat them again Make your own junk food Use good quality organic beef mince to make a burger,Roast an organic. or free range chicken, Salad dressing good quality fresh olive oil balsamic vinegar mix with fresh herbs garlic spices to taste If you don't know how to cook then learn junk food is designed to maximise profits not to feed or benefit you

89 Posts
Apr 21, 2014 10:04pm
via Android

Put simply anything ready made or processed is unlikely to be healthy. That said there are healthier options or versions.
I toss slices of new potatoes in a little oil, layer on a baking tray and bake in the oven. These are my chips.
I make my own 'ready meals' including lasagne, cottage pie, fish pie, bean stew... and my own burgers, I marinate chicken breasts and freeze in portions. These are healthy versions of my comfort foods that are really quick to cook.
When shopping I buy ingredients - fruit, veg, meat.... anything with more than about five ingredients, or something I can't pronounce I don't purchase.
Hope that helps, good luck x

184 Posts
Apr 22, 2014 5:41pm
via Android

Thank you guys

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51