Food advice

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 4:56am
via Android

Hello all :),
And thank you for the advice in advance lol.

Ok so i i work all the time (5days a week) and my bf works the same but he works nights...and i have a daughter who will be two soon...i need some ideas to start feeding them healthier then from the microwave any ideas recipes, it would be greatly appreciated! Or places that sell healthy dinner choices for on the go or sit down meals at restaurants? Any advice will help :)

26 Jul
I don't just feed them microwavable food,i do cook a lot.
26 Jul
Well, if you're a fan of pasta, try the veggetti. It turns common vegetables into pasta. And you're getting nutritious food vs. The carb overload that it makes for a dinner meal
26 Jul
I never done that,great idea :)
Handley_portrait_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 26, 2014 5:58am
via Android

Im not sure about feeding toddlers, but for you a good balanced meal should consist of protein (meat, cheese, soy, beans, etc) with a carb source (rice, pasta, bread) and vegetables. Stir fries, pasta and meatballs, omelets, home made pizza and others can all incorporate those components.

A lot of grocery stores have frozen healthy options on the cheap, just check the heath labels. Frozen veggies can be a very cheap and convenient item to buy. There are a lot of sources that can help you find meals on the web, just Google things you like and healthy etc. Good luck!

26 Jul
Thank you :)
26 Jul
Also look up the volumetric diets. You don't have to give up any foods, just a way to understand portion control and what food groups to focus on. I understand working nights it's hard to adjust to the schedule for both of you so your man can have a dinner meal while you eat breakfast. They have great recipes too.
26 Jul
Thanks So much,that is what i was looking for :)
26 Jul
No problem, I literally have tried multiple diets, and they work. But sticking to them was more of a challenge, especially over long time frames as part of a lifestyle. This is the only one that stuck to me. Its reasonably easy, and I understand why we eat what in a basic, non chemistry formula lol.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51