HEALTHILY

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 3:11pm
via Android

Hi guys so err....this my 2nd time posting a question here but do you guus mind to share ermm.how do you eat healthily and still stay in shape? I have been running and doing workouts to lose out tht extra pounds but what im wondering now is,hiw do you eat tge correct amt of calories, and how do you know your not overeating. Lastly,how do you organise diet plan or schedules? (Sorry for the lengthy questions im just wondering. Pls.leave some tips thanks you guys:)once again,sorry for being annoying

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 4:13pm

I use the TDEE - 20% method. Basically you figure what your activity level is on average (in calorie needs) then subtract 20% of that to achieve weight loss. The type of weight you lose depends on what you're eating and what type of exercise you're doing.

If you just want to lose weight, the above method will work great. If you're interested in losing fat then you need to adjust your macronutrients (protein, fats, carbohydrates) to reflect a great portion of protein and a lesser portion of carbohydrates. And you need to work your muscles to failure. Doing cardio is a great warm up and cool down. And there are arguably some great HIIT workouts to help with maximum calorie burn as well. But if you want to retain your muscle or build it while you lose fat, you have to work your muscles hard. So no treadmill or elliptical. Pick up som HEAVY weights and work.

I recommend using an app to track what you eat. I use My Fitness Pal. Set your targets and you can track the foods you eat. MFP has a large database of foods to help you determine the content of the foods you're eating.

To help you figure out what your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) is, go to http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ and enter your data. The calculator will help guide you through.

Finally the most important part, STICK TO IT! Be consistent and don't give up. It takes TIME to make these kinds of changes. You may be changing your entire lifestyle. Be patient, keep working hard, and you'll achieve your goals.

04 Mar
Omg! Thank you! Ill work on it:) tysm! May you achieve your goals too!
04 Mar
Glad I could help. And thanks to you too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51