Buying groceries for eating right

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 17, 2015 2:51pm
via iOS
Exercising is not the problem as much as eating right. And for someone who hates to cook dieting is a huge struggle. Getting recipes is not the hard part, finding the right ingredients and planning meals is a huge mission and often I abandon a diet because I just can't find the items on the shopping list! Do you guys know some recipes that don't require exotic ingredients? How do you go about planning meals when your the only one in the house who requires a special diet?
06 Oct
If you hate cooking that should not get in the way of your goal. The first thing I recommend is deciding how long you like to spend or are willing to spend in the kitchen preparing meals. A great way to free up your schedule is to set a day and time to prepare your weeks worth of meals. Decide what you like to eat and then select recipes that are as uncomplex as you can handle ingredient wise. For example chicken with vegetables , and wild rice or brown rice for a carb. Keep dressings simple. Salads are great...
Image_thumb
40 Posts
Oct 17, 2015 3:36pm
via Android

I personaly just did same meals just did a healthier way. Like Spaghetti; instead of noodles I uses spaghetti squash, wheat noodles, or zucchini. Make healthier sauce just tomatoes in a can seasoned. Just replace few things in meals to healthy versions. You can make any meal healthy.  Its just choosing the ingredients that are good for you. Its alot easier then you think. You just have to try it out a few times and youll catch on real quick then itll get easier.

18 Oct
Spaghetti is made from wheat is it not?
18 Oct
I also stay on a small town with only one grocer and often times they just don't have the items I need! Yesterday I could not even get parsley. I think I might just have to ad some edible plants to my garden to make up for the lack of verity at our local grocer.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 25, 2016 10:22pm
via Android

salut cv

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Sep 25, 2016 10:27pm
via Android

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Sep 29, 2016 12:20pm
via Android

I always buy some frozen vegetables or potted ones as back up. This makes it alot easier to switch on meals. Iv got a few of those things in which you can steam stuff in the microwave. This way it's easy to prepare food on the go. Or with little time.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 5, 2016 12:50am
via Android

Yesterday I did this stuff... basically my mission is 1000 calories count intake per day.

So what i did is, whatever food that is available in the grocerry store as long as I am confident tht i can create a meal not more than 350kcal, i put that in my basket. Hahahaha!

Example, I had this bfast

Whole wheat grain (30g) 111kcal
Non Fat milk (125ml) 90kcal
1 pc Banana  89kcal

Thats total 290 isnt it?

And with 60 mins workout, im probably burning approx. 400~500 kcals a day and with an average day of a person burning a constant 1620 kcal a day... I always had 1,120 deficit calories... in one week im burning more or less 7840 kcal that my friend is more than 1kg fat burned. And thats how we do the math of lossing weight. Lol. :-D :-D :-D

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51