Since I've started in skimble I'm really hungry

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Jan 5, 2016 7:10pm
via Android

Since I've started working out with skimble I've been getting hungry all the time. I generally eat pretty healthy already but now I've been eating more junk and way more than I should be. I think roughly 3000 calories a day now. Do you guys feel more hungry? Should I eat more or not?

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 5, 2016 8:22pm

Your feelings of hunger usually depend on three things:

1. Sleep habits

2. Dehydration

3. The types of foods you eat

It's a pretty safe bet that if you drink some water first every time you feel hungry, you will learn to interpret when your body is actually hungry and not thirsty. If you eat high carb (especially sugary) foods, your body will think it is still hungry even though you may have already consumed the necessary calories. Hunger may also be a sign that your body is tired. Be sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Of course there is the hunger you feel when you're ACTUALLY HUNGRY, meaning your body needs nutrients to continue to function.

I have struggled with this a lot myself, but I've found that if I take care of these three things first I'm a much better judge at knowing when I'm really hungry for food and not sleep, water, or sugar.

05 Jan
Cheers Jason :-)
05 Jan
Happy to help.
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 6, 2016 1:54am
via Android

Maybe also try eating small meals throughout the day. I have learned since I started skimble to eat 5 or 6 times a day...one "meal" for me is a protein shake.
If you're really concerned you could look up your (I calculate mine) BMR and TDEE. I calculate mine and find out how many calories I should be eating.
That's not necessarily what everyone wants to do though.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51