Recipes - smoothies and juices

20 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 6:27pm
via Android

I absolutely love making my own smoothies and juices. You know what you get and no shady ingredients. What is your favorite? Share your recipe!
My favorite is my banana and berries-smoothie. I mix 1 banana with a handfull of raspberries and blueberries. If it's the season, I add a few strawberries aswell. I mix it with milk but yogurt works aswell. Enjoy!

17 Feb
I made a really good one with almonds milk strawberries and bananas
18 Feb
Carrot orange is my favorite mix so far.
27 Feb
My favorite smoothie is a combination of spinach, almond butter, almond milk, and banana (chopped and frozen)..i used the make it with regular peanut butter and loved it but my face started breaking out so i switched over to almond. Just as yummy. My favorite juice is just an apple and a few carrots (the big kind). For every apple i would use about 3 carrots. It hardly tasted like a veggie juice. So tricky! :p
05 May
sounds yummy
Image_thumb
87 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 6:39pm
via Android

I also like banana smoothies but you could mix it up and try kiwi & strawberry. Or even mango

Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 6:41pm
via Android

Ooh, kiwi and strawberries sounds delicious

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 6:45pm
via Android

A selection of melon and top up whit tropical juice for texture

Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 6:50pm
via Android

I've made smoothies with juice before but not with melon. Will try that, thanks!

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 10:05pm
via Android

Add veggies to you smoothies to make them more nutritional. Start with greens like chopped kale, baby spinach, and romaine lettuce. Make sure you mix up your greens daily so your not getting the same everyday. Also, i add coconut water to mine so they taste more tropical and coconut water has so many nutrients

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 11:50pm
via Android

Ok, it's a little strange this one but I love it.Cucumber, mint and chilli pepper.Refreshing.

Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 11:53pm
via Android

Sounds like a great combination, I like the sound of cucumber and chili

Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 17, 2013 11:58pm
via Android

Love almonds, gonna add that the next time - thanks!

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 12:05am
via iOS
I like to start my daily work out with half an apple, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 egg, and of course milk mix it all up and enjoy! Kinda tick tough but it defenetely replaces a meal if you're in a hurry and its a good supplement for protein power.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 12:09am
via Android

Frozen stawberrys & peachs. With mixed berry yogurt and peach juice. Its great:)

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 12:19am
via Android

Kale, broccoli, orange in a juicer. But juices don't last long; any suggestions on keeping them? Can you freeze them?

18 Feb
Frozen watermelon with mint and a dash of lemom juice and tangerine
18 Feb
You can freeze juices, but its better to freeze the fruit and buy it in bulk. When juicing you loose alot of the fiber and some nutrients in the fruit
Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 2:15am
via Android

I'm gonna try that, thanks!

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 6:07am
via Android

For my smoothies I do daily different convos hehehebi always add a cup of non-fat milk, almonds, and liquid egg whites... I have a berry smoothy where I put blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries soo yumm... also I like banana and apple, or if im low with my fruits I do a mega mix of all hahaha... now juices hmmm this morning I just did one sooo yumm 2 red berts, 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 2 oranges, and 1" ginger.. I post more later ;)

Icon_missing_thumb
97 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 10:37am
via Android

Is it any good? The juice.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 3:26pm
via Android

I've tried Yoplait smoothies(found@grocery store,in the frozen sec)and those are great for when in a hurry.

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Feb 27, 2013 4:29am
via Android

For those who are into juicing, i just made this really good juice. I'm gna call it "Morning K.O" This juice call for: 3 large oranges, about 3 handful of grapes, 1peach, and i nectarine.

Feb 27, 2013 3:46pm
via Android

Marie there's an app for android that has over 100 smothies recipes...is a free app..you could look for smothie4 starts that way...

27 Feb
Will do, thanks :) but it's still fun sharing and hearing what other people like
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 20, 2013 5:52pm
via iOS
Strawberries , blueberries, raspberries and bananas with milk and some ice. Perfect after workout
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 20, 2013 6:29pm
via Android

I take the top half (dark green portion) of 3 romain lettuce hearts, and then one banana, one apple, one mango, a pinch to
small handfull of parsley and the juice of one lime blended together with 8 fl. oz of water to get a good, fresh source of nutrients.  It makes about three tall glasses, and I usually have half a glass in the morning.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51