Healthy & simple recipes w/ these foods??

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 6:41pm
via iOS
So I really want to change up some of my healthier recipes, but am pretty much put of ideas. Any help? These are the foods that usually are invading my house.. Hamburger meat, tortillas, homegrown canned foods (like corn, green beans, pickles, and salsa), lettuce, bread, crackers, pasta, cheese, apples. But if u want to add a few more ingredients to give me a recipe, that's also fine. This is just the basic things in my house most of the time. Any help at all would b great. Thanks!! :)
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 16, 2013 6:52pm
via iOS
Oh ok thanks so much! I'll check it out!
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 12:35pm
via iOS
For some reason none of those will download:(
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 1:47pm
via Android

You can make a veggie pasta dish just mix all the veggie ingredients you have with the pasta season to taste and there you have a healthy dish. You can also do the same with the hamburger meat in a bowl place hamburger meat and add the can veggies of choice and season to taste divide the meat into hamburger of your perfer side and bake or grill then toast your bread and there you have a hamburger that is also rich in veggies. Good luck hope it taste good.
Also if you want to be healthier here is one of my favorite salads I made it up and feel free to add anyother ingredients.( this is a vegan salad but you can had meat if you like)
You will need
A hand full of spring greens
A piece of each green, yellow, red and orange peppers (dont need all colors but in combo these peppers are awsome)
Handfull of sunflower seed or pumpkin seed ( if no nut allergy add your favorite nut)
One apple (any kind but green is better for salads)
Dried cranberries or raisins about a handful

For homemade dressing
Vinegar a cap full or squeeze half a lime or lemon for less tangy taste
A cap full of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

I like to add strawberries or blueberries to the dressing

Mix all your ingredients finely chop all ingredients including spring greens in a big bowl.
Throw in your seeds and dried cranberries or raisins.

Make dressing if adding berries squeeze them with hands or with fork until mushy and had to vinegar oil and salt add a little water to dilute about a tablespoon.
Pour over salad and mix well and enjoy.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Apr 1, 2013 3:47pm
via iOS
Thanks so much!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 1, 2013 6:27pm
via iOS
you can try a healthy, veggie omelette!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51