A few questions on foods/drinks.

5 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
51 Posts
Mar 31, 2013 12:02pm
via Android

So im seeing people drinking protein shake alot. What does it really do ? Does it help the one who's trying to success or does it help the success to maintain?

And what are protein bars and granola bars? What benefits do they have?

Im new to this healthy lifestyle so there are some questions I needed an answer. Please explain :) thank u !

31 Mar
i drink them after working out
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 31, 2013 12:34pm
via iOS
Protein shakes are a quick way to get muscle building protein after a workout .  As long as it is within your daily caloric range it is okay.  Protein and granola bars are the same as candy bars in terms of sugar and nutrition.  There are far better ways to get protein and fiber than those
31 Mar
yes i drink them after football tranning and working out
Icon_missing_thumb
51 Posts
Mar 31, 2013 12:38pm
via Android

How often should we have protein shakes/bar or granola bars?

31 Mar
i would do it after working out so the protein can help u with watever work out u just did and build your abs and thing like that
31 Mar
U should have a protein shake right after a tough workout because it feeds your muscles & helps repair them/ make them stronger! Or u can have one, once a day after your workout. I personally save my protein shakes for days when I workout really hard but that's just me. And you need to be careful with granola bars because most are Not healthy at all. I don't eat granola bars but if you want it in your diet, try searching the net for healthy bars, low sugars, low calories & low fats.
Icon_missing_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 2, 2013 9:10pm
via Android

They usually just make u fat cuz they have a really high fat content

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Apr 2, 2013 11:48pm
via Android

Protein shakes and bars are used to help muscles recover after a hard workout. You can take a shake in the morning with breakfast, before workout, after workout and before bed. There are few types of protein; more popular forms are whey and casein. Whey is a fast digesting protein, good for after a workout to help muscles recover faster. Casein is a slow digesting protein, good for long periods when you cant eat ( like while you sleep.) Granola bars are for energy and can fuel a workou or cardio Hopefully this was enough to help you out! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51