Smoothies

8 posts | Original | Recent

111s_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 7:47am

I tried to search around the forums but couldn't find anything about it.

The thing is I love smoothies, and like to get some more tips on smoothie recepies.

My own fav. right now is:

1 banana

1cup blueberry

1cup rasberry

For liquid I use regular milk.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 8:49am
via iOS
Keep in mind these smoothies have a lot of sugar in them...
Eat when you wake up or close to workout
Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 9:14am
via Android

I love making smoothies. One of the many smoothies I like is this detox kind of smoothie I'm sharing with you. You will need the following:

1 cup of mixed berries (I use strawberries and blueberries)
1 cup of OJ (You could use water to reduce sugar or half OJ half water)
1 cup of carrots
1/2 cup of kale
1/2 cup of spinach
1 tbsp of ground flax
1 cup of mango
Ice cubes

Although I try different varieties and switch greens and fruits from time to time.

09 May
That sounds a lot like mine. For morning smoothies I usually throw in half a frozen orange ive peeled and a whole frozen lime that ive sliced the skin off of. Usually takes about 10 hours for them to freeze eeally good.
111s_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 9:16am

Sound nice, gonna try that one for sure

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 11:12am
via Android

I dont really make smoothies. But to mix my whey up i sometimes make a milkshake.

Just plain simple whey+milk+ice cubes. And mix it really long. Sometimes i will add smth for the flavour. Its nothing special just a fresh whey shake which fills you up

Image_thumb
142 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 1:19pm
via Android

Rianne has it right with adding greens. The greens are much healthier than all that fruit plus you are getting great nutrients. When making a Kale Spinach smoothie try adding half an apple or so.e carrots. It's super yummy and if you have kids they will love it too!
Rappa does exactly what I do. I typically skip yhe smoothies if its not kale and spinach. Whey, fat free milk, ice cubes. 1/2 cup fruit or a bit of peanut butter will mix it up.
:)

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Apr 10, 2013 2:21pm
via Android

There's a lot of article's and recipes regarding smoothies at bodybuilding.com check it out.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 2:07am
via Android

I have the nutri bullet, some times for breakfast, i mix one banana, half a green apple, sum blue berries, a few strawberries, a few almonds, and sum spinach on top. For liquid i do 2oz of orange juice and the rest in water. I like it, keeps me full for a few hours.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51