Alternatives to bread?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
51 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 3:16pm
via Android

I eat bread alot , especially for breakfast. The normal ones, not whole wheat or anything. But are breads healthy or good for diet?I see some people saying that its not good if you want to eat clean. If no, then what are the other options instead of bread ? Like .. What wraps?

15 Apr
I think with eating clean it refers more to how the bread is made -- if you are buying bread then be aware of how it is made and what is put into it. Is it unprocessed or processed flour, are there preservatives added, etc.? Obviously making your own is best but may not be an option for you. There are lots of healthy choices -- and no, it doesn't have to be wheat. Some have reactions to wheat -- gluten-free had become a mantra these days and is touted everywhere.
15 Apr
You are not alone I love bread and pasta. I can't imagine life without the two lol
27 Apr
A lot of people say bread is not good for a diet but actually it iz very good. But it has to be the Whole wheat or fiber wheat kind. It will help you lose weight especially if you eat it in the morning. Thats what I do and it works. But you also need to keep in mind all the other foods you eat throught the day. Make sure you have lots of water, fruits and green leafy vegetables.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 3:22pm
via Android

I think bread is fine. Just think clear about what you are eating on it.

27 Apr
Thats exactly right
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 6:50pm
via Android

Well in my opinion white bread is not good for you to lose weight, try wheat products i know they might not have the best taste but in the long run it'll pay off also you can go with whole wheat wraps taste more better then the bread, you can also try pita bread it is really taste full and healthy for you. And for great tasty recipes or other fitness questions you might have you can go to bodybuilding.com they hav many articles regarding any fitness needs

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 12, 2013 7:07pm
via iOS
Go for organic sprouted bread... low in calories, no fat and high in fiber :) Tastes great too!
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Apr 12, 2013 10:02pm
via Android

I take homemade soup for lunch to work and used to have a slice of wholegrain bread but I always felt bloated now ive switched to wholegrain rice cakes and i feel fine

623586_513594797_1671162795_n_thumb
1 Post
Apr 14, 2013 11:39pm
via iOS
Pita bread is good without all the additives and junk. Also, homemade bread and alternatives like using oat or coconut flour or even spelt. Good luckĀ 
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 4:54am
via iOS
Do your own bread and you'll know waht isin it :) it's easy and pretty quick!
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 1:42pm
via Android

I think bread is ok in moderation. I sometimes substitute lettuce for bread say when cooking Mexican or making a burger.

I tend to stick to wholemeal breads and usually eat pitta, flat breads or wraps as alternatives to bread.

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Apr 17, 2013 7:05pm
via Android

Avoid white bread and try to buy bread with the least amount of wheat in it. Also, if you're having bread for breakfast, toasting it reduces the calories. A healthy and nutritious replacement for bread would be oatmeal.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Apr 27, 2013 4:12pm
via Android

I love ezekiel bread when i have to have bread.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51