Help me with rice!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 15, 2013 9:07am
via Android

I am from the Philippines and our staple food here is rice. I just wanna know your advice on what meals I can eat with rice that will help lose weight. I also wanna know the proper amount of rice that I can include in this diet. Help me please! Your comments will be appreciated. :)

15 May
Depends on your work out.. but try to cut down carbs.. eat more vege, or anthing thats high on fibre, -no cheat meal..lol
Image_thumb
30 Posts
May 15, 2013 9:36am
via Android

Hi im from Phils too so i understand what you mean. Try brown rice instead or just have it in moderation, like if you're having 2 cups then just have one instead and have more greens with your meal. And if you can, try to avoid having any at dinner, rice that is. Hope it helps.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
May 15, 2013 12:28pm
via Android

I have 60g of brown rice maybe add a lil bit of vegetable/chicken stock and add a few stir fry veggies like baby corn, mange tout, mushrooms, beansprouts ect bit of chicken (1 portion skinless) or if u like pork try 1 pork steak but cut all the fat off, add your own herbs and spices for seasoning

15 May
Thanks! I'll try what your comment said! :)
Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 15, 2013 1:36pm
via iOS
U should eat brown rice
Image_thumb
33 Posts
May 16, 2013 1:45am
via iOS
I stick to brown rice or as we make it in Hawaii "hapa" (means half in Hawaiian) rice. 1/2 white and brown to wean yourself off of white. Try maybe cutting back a little bit at a time. A healthy serving size for rice is a 1/2 cup for me. Of course to fill in the hunger gap ill add extra protein or veggies! As a typical Midwest gal though, sweet potatoes are my weakness!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51