Not meeting calorie amount

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 6:30pm
via Android

I am focusing on dropping weight and I am doing great eating healthy. But most days I am under my 1200 calories is this ok, or is it not??

26 Jan
You should try to use a calorie calculator, it'll tell you the normal amount you need to maintain your weight as well as how much to eat to lose some weight. Losing 1-2 pounds a month's is the healthiest option.
26 Jan
I do use a calorie calculator. It says 1200 calories and I enter everything I eat. But there are many days I'm not reaching 1200 calories, But I am not hungry most of the time.
26 Jan
You're actually supposed to lose 1-2lbs a week, not month.
26 Jan
Not reaching it on some days is fine. My intake is about 2700 and some days I don't reach it, but I would make up the extra the next day. If you need extra calories bananas are a good source As for not for being hungry; you should let yourself be hungry for about 30-45 minutes so your body can burn extra fat. Anymore and your body will start burning muscle.
26 Jan
Losing a pound a week is unhealthy it'll shock your system and affect your eating habits
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 11:17pm
via Android

What are you eating to be under 1200? That's a very low number! Are you using a calorie counting app?

27 Jan
Yes, I am using a calorie counter app. Usually do not say breakfast because I'm not up early enough I work nights. Then a green smoothie for lunch. And carrots or green beans for snack and a salad for dinner. Usually right around 1000 calories. Depending on the size of my salad and smoothie.
28 Feb
I'd be literally dead. Urge to eat more (carbs and protein) - your body needs energy to function properly in rest, not to mention work out hard! If you don't give him energy, it'll slow down metabolism and you feel tired and sluggish the whole day!
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 12:31am
via Android

Not eating enough will place your body in starvation mode.. even when you don't feel hungry. When this happens your body burns muscle to save its fat storage. This will also slow your metabolism. Not good! Try adding meat as protein. Unless you are a vegetarian?

27 Jan
I am not a vegetarian just not a meat lover. I usually have grilled chicken or ham on my salad though. Thank you for all the help
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Feb 28, 2015 1:55am
via Android

The cdc and nih, and every other reputable medically-based site I've checked recommend a loss of 1 to 2 lbs a week on average is the healthy choice. They ALL say to consume no fewer than 1200 calories if you are a woman.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51