Should I workout after or before going jogging ?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Jul 3, 2013 11:12pm
via Android

I jog 3 miles everyday after an hour of workout, but is this the right way to do it? I take protein powder after the jog

04 Jul
It's better to do cardio first, this way you will burn more fat and your body will be warmed up
04 Jul
Oh ok thanks for the advice, Im already used to doing cardio first lol
04 Jul
No,its best to do cardio on a seperate day
04 Jul
N if you ain't tired after your workout u ain't working hard enough
04 Jul
So should I do cardio every other day without workout? And yea I guess I have to workout harder because I don't feel tired after the workout
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 12:44am
via Android

yes after cardio then you can really feel the burn

04 Jul
Oh ok yea I'm gonna do that, I didn't workout today :( family came home to visit so don't have time lol
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 4, 2013 1:34am
via iOS
i jog before and after i work out
04 Jul
Oh wow how many miles do you do?
04 Jul
i run 2 miles before and 1 mile after. i work out with a whole bunch of my friends for raiders and its a lot easier running and working out with friends :)
04 Jul
Yea I wish I had friends to workout with but they all don't want to lol laziness!
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 5:23am
via iOS
Cardio then weight train for weight loss
Weight train then cardio for added toning
04 Jul
Lool added toning? The hell does that mean?
04 Jul
Muscles will show more
04 Jul
Than it says the same thing. Muscles show better on low bodyfay (ie weightloss) . So it doesnt say a thing!
04 Jul
Really?? If you do cardio first and get to the level where you are burning fat (typically between 10 and 20 mins) you can typically keep your body at that level through out you weight training as well, resulting in extra fat loss/usually weight loss. If you weight train first your muscles are already engaged and will typically stay that way as you do your cardio, giving them a little bit more of a workout thus having better toned muscles. I understand that muscle show up more with weight loss, but someone who does primarily cardio and gets thin does...
04 Jul
Ok now I'm confused because the majority here tells me to do cardio first lol idk what to do lol
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 4, 2013 6:48am
via Android

First do your weighttraining and then do your cardio. In an ideal world you should split both for best results however.

04 Jul
What do you mean as split?
04 Jul
Do cardio in the morning and weighttraining in the afternoon
05 Jul
Oh ok then that means I have to take a shower twice a day? Lol darn!
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 11:34pm
via Android

Rolly its not about what most people say. Its about what makes the most sense to you. And about what you  feel good about doing. Specially about fitness what most people tell you or believe holds no value. If they cant give a proper explenaition other than that others told it to them.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51