Basketball help

5 posts | Original | Recent
22 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 4:42am
via iOS
I am 16 and female just had my first basketball practice/ tryout
I have two morrow practice/ tryouts this week.
If I make it this will be my second year on the senior team. Last year I got in because there wasn't enought players.
I am scared to be cut cause I am not really fast or in good shape help.
If any one has any pointers it would be much appreciated my next practise is Wednesday 7-9 I really want to make it but the first practise I heard the coaches talking a lot about me I am scard I won't make the team. What should I do?
950 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 12:20pm
via Android

Well at this point its all mental. You're not gonna improve much of anything but your attitude.

Get good nights sleep. Try deep breathing and meditation, even a couple minutes before sleep, and before tryouts. Clear your head.

Some would suggest, if you're of the proper mindset, prayer... Even something simple like "(God or universe or earth mother or whatever you believe) please help me, your will be done, thanks" just does the trick for some people to let go of trying to control or worry about everything and let themselves actually be the best they can be.

1 Post
Nov 19, 2013 12:33pm
via Android

I agree with the above reply.  Belief in your will, belief in your faith, belief in your god, if any. And you will give your more then 100%. At the sametime do not be afraid to fail as long as you are giving your best. Beyond your best. IF you fail this will only make you bigger better stronger and faster for the next time.  Quote." I have missed almost 9000 shots in my career, i have lost almost 300 games on 26 occasions, i have been trusted to take the game winning shot, and missed....i have failed over and over again in my life, and thats why i succeed."  (One of the greatest basketball players ever...Michael Jordan) Good will be great.....

5 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 12:48pm
via Android

Well if I were you I would at least do 20 regular sit-ups and 20 lotus crunches and do these workouts every Monday,Wednesday, and Saturday. And you will see results and I am serious because I got abs and it really works your core. And do some muscle workouts to like right concentrated biceps curl and left concentrated biceps curl. And any other muscle workouts you want to do.

397 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 2:07pm
via iOS
Learn to be a dead eye shooter will help

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51