Any advice for a mom of 4 who never worked out before? Thanks!

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 7, 2014 5:14pm
via Android

Hi everybody first of all thanks for read my post and I really appreciate any piece of advice or motivational commentary. I'm Pamela from Ecuador. I'm 37 and about 2 years ago I left my job to became a stay home mom. I started following some ppl on IG who have made an amazing body tranformation.
I'm ready to start mine!! But as I never worked out before and I just downloaded this cool app last night I really want to know from where do I should start. Thanks in advance

08 Apr
I started out with simple exercises that when finished I felt I accomplished something. Do several small ones together to get started then work up to more intense longer workouts. Involve the kids :-) I also use myfitnesspal.com to track my food and exercise. It keeps me in check.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 7, 2014 5:31pm
via Android

I am a mom of three. Just keep moving. I focus on the "feel good" to working out, not the "gotta loose now". Get on the scale every third week. Keep moving!!!

07 Apr
Thanks Melanie. I surely will follow your sug. Have a nice week! :)
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Apr 7, 2014 5:31pm
via Android

Well first I would try to give myself a goal that I want to reach ultimately. Then set daily goals. The daily goals should push you but ultimately attainable every day that you workout.

There are many great people on here that will be glad to help with motivation and tips. Many have been an encouragement to myself.

Be accountable by keeping track of meals and exercise. Wishing much success on your journey.

07 Apr
Thanks Marc! I'm excited bc I'll start today... thats a lot for me. Lol.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Apr 7, 2014 5:39pm
via iOS
Take it one step at a time. Check the levels of difficulty. I Iike to work out different body parts on different days.  This helps with making sure muscles don't get to fatigued. Most important, is fun!!!! If it's not fun, it's hard to stay with it!!!!! You can also join a fitness group.
07 Apr
Thanks Rachel! :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 7, 2014 6:44pm
via Android

If you search the programs there are a couple beginner ones. I did the beginner boot camp and liked it.

07 Apr
I'll look for it. Thanks!
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 8, 2014 1:19am
via Android

Rachel. How can I find the groups?

17 Apr
Look for Lauren Stachura on Facebook. She is wearing a blue sweatshirt that says health coach in her profile pic!!!!!!
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Apr 8, 2014 3:37am
via Android

Hey... start your workouts which is easy.. keep increasing your workouts day to day from casual to intense

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Apr 8, 2014 3:39am
via Android

You can also.check out this one tooExercises for Starters

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 11, 2014 10:35pm
via Android

My kids love exercising with me. The only thing is they have a attentions2 span of 15 mins so this app works great. Also taking them to the gym helps for when I need a longer workout

14 Apr
Lol my kids also are around me when I w/o... I also enjoy to play Just Dance with them on their Wii and I really end exhausted... :)
Image_thumb
51 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 12:09am
via Android

On those days your not into working out tell yourself just one quick one..like the one (couch to five) or if you got an exercise bike do (cycle warm up)..more often than not I bet you keep going..good luck..its a great feeling of accomplishment when your done..

14 Apr
You caught me :( I've promise to myself I'll start again today .... and won't stop again :)
17 Apr
On Pinterest and Twitter (if you follow fitness people and personal trainers), you can get ideas for 5 min-15 min workouts. Just because I saw this comment, I'm going to start using those workouts on days I'm feeling lazy!!!!!!
18 Apr
Good..you only got one you..make it the best you can
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 5:39pm
via Android

I don't know what ur fitness goals are,but when I started I did toning exercises that used my body weight. I say it might not be the best way to start but it's an easy way

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Apr 12, 2014 6:36pm
via iOS
Pamela, first of all i admire your passion to start working out. Your children should be so proud to have such a cool mum.  If you have to lose weight before toning up, you should start with casual exercises and yoga. If you push yourself to hard at the beggining, you might build so much muscle rather than getting lean. You should do stretching everyday you work out. Focus on different parts of your body everyday you work out. And pay more attention to the parts where you need more. Eat clean, so you can have cheat days in a while. And trust me, you will feel amazing. And you will enjoy it if youre doing it right. Once you see the results, it becomes an addiction. Keep yourself motivated, thats the essential rule. And dont forget to drink water. And never eat late at night, that will destroy both your diet and exercise. I think youre gonna be great. Hope to hear more from you. Loves xxx
14 Apr
Thank you very much Irem... your detailed advice its one of my favorites :) I'm starting to eat healthier than I used to do and drinking more water too... only I need to find a stretching guide to do before any of my w/o :)
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 14, 2014 3:44pm
via Android

I'm so thankful with all of you for stoping by and show support and share knowledge :)
As some of you have asked what my goals are I do want to get rid of some baby fat on my belly and reafirm my abs, legs and booty...
Q: where I can find a stretching guide? Thanks xoxox

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Apr 14, 2014 6:03pm
via Android

To keep motivated just think how healthy exercise is for your body and it will help you lower the chances of getting diseases which can help you prevent early death.  And then you can live longer for your children and set a healthy example for them! Go you girl!  You can do this!  This app is a great place to start.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51