Sore calve, quick recovery tips anyone?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 8:13pm
via Android

I've been running everyday and good so far. This morning someone got into my personal space on the trail and I guess for that moment it threw my balance off. So hours later my right calve is sore. Not to the point that it inhibits me. I just cannot run up and down the stairs as I normally do for fun cause when it contacts it feels tight. I would like a quick recovery on this so I can run again tomorrow morning. I've been stretching and massaging it through the day. All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks

09 Aug
Ice it today for a good 15 - 30 min. Tomorrow use a heat pad on it in the morning and then ice it again before bed. It will help with muscle recovery.
09 Aug
Tre, do you think using some tiger balm later today would also be alright?
09 Aug
Yeah it will help keep it loose. I would ice it tonight before bed though k
09 Aug
Thanks, if it's not loose enough in the morning I will just walk and do stretching then : (
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 8:43pm
via Android

People say a hot coffee at night is a good recovery agent

09 Aug
11 Aug
So here is how I recovered my muscles in approximately 36 hrs after incurred injury: lots of stretching, massages, and walking on it. That was tolerable. Took an aleve first day. Iced my leg evening after occurence. Slept alot. Ingested adequate protein. Following morning I soaked my calve with a solution of hot water, epsom salt and vinegar (Haitian remedy). I was able to run up and down the stairs in my jolly routine today. Very much looking forward to my meeting with the treadmill in a few hours. Thanks for all suggestions :D
1618701_10151906171657217_1051270632_n_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 9:45am
via Android

Cold showers after running.

Then ice packs for 30 min, followed by heat packs for 30 min. Repeat throughout the day.

10 Aug
Get into a steam sona for 10 minutes you are good
10 Aug
Thanks, I iced it last night and it's almost there. I'm headed to the sauna. I also got my hands on some thai oil so I'll use that and ice again this evening. I should be good to go tomorrow.
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 10, 2014 3:32pm
via Android

What's your current weight.height plus your age.  And how often do you exercise do you diet or you eat clean or you eat junk food?

10 Aug
I inboxed you all those details. Check your email.
10 Aug
I've just started eating clean, no junk, no diet. Lifestyle choice for long term healthy eating and not have wasted calories.
10 Aug
I just replied you
10952406_1608033922745502_1264104876764640284_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 2, 2015 11:02pm

My trainer recommended a golfball muscle roller which really helps massage out the soreness, and then i also use biosteel which is a great recovery supplement. Check it out  www.zzathletics.com

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51