S Health not synced

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 9:19pm
via Android

This app said it synced up with my S Health app, but the exercises I did are logged nowhere on S Health. Anyone know why? Thanks.

11 Aug
Not helpful, but I, too, am having this problem.
12 Aug
Have you ticked the box in the settings page? If so try unticking restarting both apps and ticking again
23 Feb
There is a problem with Samsung at the moment about this but if you go to S health settings then back up and then restore usually does the trick, it seems to be the only way to sync it at the moment. I hope this helped :-)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 10:02pm
At least I'm not the only one.
Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 10:05pm
via Android

Hey Adrian!
I found this app through S-Health as well and had the same concerns as you when I first set the app up. Was a little bummed to say the least to find out that, while the two apps are "associated" with each other, they don't actually "sync" with one another.  In my opinion, it makes S-Health rather useless.  It doesn't even allow you to enter and/or document your workouts or exercise routines. 
So while I liked the concept of S- Health, I find that I rarely use simply because it's so severely limited in what you can actually do with it. 
I use this app (Workout Trainer) as my main fitness app and put a shortcut on my homescreen for easy access. Hopefully they'll update it soon to include more features and better functionality. 

11 Aug
Well, thats lame. I wanted to sync up all my workouts between pedometer, cycling and the workouts I do on here for calories burned versus my calorie Intame for the day. if I can't do that why bother saying my workouts are "synced" with s fitness after every completed workout? Thanks for the quick responses guys.
12 Aug
S health is a Samsung app from what I've found they have actually stripped features from it.
Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 10:38pm
via Android

I know right!  Strange that such a key feature would not be available in a health/fitness app.  Especially one that Samsung so actively promotes.
I'll have to see if I can find an email address for the developer and shoot them a quick email about this issue.  I'm sure the few of us aren't the only ones frustrated by this. 

Image_thumb
43 Posts
Aug 11, 2014 10:50pm
via Android

Let me just say, ME TOO! I use the pedometer, food diary, etc in s health but can't get Workout Trainer to sync with the app.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 2:45am
via Android

I also think you need to connect this app (workout trainer ) to you Samsung account in Social connections in settings and in S Health connected to the same account.

Try the unticking sync box in Workout Trainer and restarting  the app and re-ticking again.

I noticed it didnt add cals burned aswell and fiddled around as above and I got a strange looking notification with a privacy concern about it sharing info with each other which I allowed and now they are added to cals burned in S Health.

S Health = Samsung
Workout Trainer = Skimble

Samsung from what I have read have actually stripped some pretty useful bits from their app for some unknown  reason...they should really get to work on it considering it was a selling point for a few in the Galaxy range.

Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 4:43am
via Android

Thanks for the tip Matt, I'll check that out.

Skimble_workout_trainer_app_logo_thumb
174 Posts
Aug 16, 2014 12:33am

Hi all, 

Unfortunately this is a known issue that Samsung is currently addressing. All of Samsung's partners are experiencing the same delay as they update their integration tools and the guess is that they will have the update ready at the end of September. 

This means that until then you will not be able to sync your information to S Health, but once the update has been implemented you'll be able to sync all your past workout history and get back up-to-date. 

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

10347247_10154222344165461_2678602923456267137_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 3, 2014 3:36pm

It's now October... any ETA? 

Thanks!

07 Oct
Hi Paul, we're just waiting on Samsung so we can update on our end. Sorry for the inconvenience :(
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 5:26pm
via Android

I now use Work Out Trainer and Calorie Counter....I liked the idea of this at first, it looks nice and the coach is nice, but then found out....no sync!

Not even with Lark...smh

I would have liked to keep everything in one place...

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 12:00am

S Health Update is here and looks nice! So is synced fixed? I haven't actually done a workout since the update though and it does not look to have synced my old information at least. Tried unchecking and rechecking the sync box in Workout Trainer but nothing yet (also tried that before as the work around listed but didn't work for me)

26 Oct
Not fixed for me updated S Health and workout trainer updated a few days ago :-(
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 1, 2014 2:24pm
via Android

Finally got it to work!!! There was another S Health update late in the week bit don't know if that is required.  My fix:
S Health- account settings- restore data
Also for good measure unchecked and rechecked "Sync with S Health" in Workout Trainer but not sure if that was necessary.

05 Nov
Still not working I got the second S Health update and check workout trainer...restarted everything...unchecked and checked again and still not....accidently reset S Health and lost months worth of data....Skimble for info??
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 4:22pm
Sorry to hear you lost your dsta! I don't really think the uncheck/recheck sync is what did it. I think it was the restore (with backup, not reset!) in S Health that did it. I can replicate this now. S Health still seems to not sync directly even though Workout Trainer says it synced. To get it to show up I have to backup and restore my S Health data to see the Workout Trainer exercise.
05 Dec
That worked for me, just completed a weightlifting work (Stronglifts 5x5) and the 296 calories burned shows up in S Health. Hopefully they will get that fixed along with being able to enter calories burned manually. But from a marketing perspective they probably disabled that ability so you use their partner apps (Skimble, etc..). Of course its all about the money and data collecting, don't think there doing this because they like ya :) Have a good workout!
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 10:37pm
via Android

This month I've been experiencing Workout Trainer not syncing again.  For about a week I wasn't  able to sync and then I got it started again.

Then my workout this morning didn't sync again.  Workout Trainer isn't popping up with the notice after it saves the workout that it is syncing with S Health.  Also restoring data in S Health doesn't  show the Workout Trainer calories burnt. I've tried different combos of unchecking and rechecking the S Health sync option box including workouts and reboots in between  and it hasn't made any difference. 

When it did it earlier in the month I tried the same thing and then just left it unchecked for a few days and then one day I rechecked and it it started syncing again, so I'm sure it will come back but I don't know how ro make it exactly.  My data for however many days it takes will not go into S Health if it is like last time. 

The only thing I can think that I did  different today is that my phone was on the WiFi instead of mobile data lime it was at least the last 3 days, but that could just be a coincidence.

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 11:06pm
via Android

You first have to "backup" on S Health after each Work Trainer workout. After done backing up, then "restore" on S Health. This must be done after each workout. Tedious, but it will show up as calories burned on S Health. The first time you do it, all past Work Trainer calories burned will show up on the current day.

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 11:25pm
via Android

Thanks, I've been doing that except I just get the backup box checked in the restore menu of S Health.  It's a daily thing so not that big of deal and has worked fine for about 3 months.  I just tried it your way and with a plain backup before the restore and still didn't get today's in or the missing 5 days from earlier this month.

It seems like it is more on the Workout Trainer side of things since the "synced with S Health" notice isn't popping up after the workout save is over and it pops I to the workout screen.  It did show that yesterday when I was able to get it into S Health after the restore.

22 Feb
It happens from time to time that Workout Trainer doesn't sync for a few days (happened twice in Feb). Don't know on which side is the mistake, but at least after these days (which are lost unfortunately), it's working again. Hopefully Samsung will finally have an update ready within weeks. ..
22 Feb
So what days haven't worked for you? Today and yesterday haven't for me and then the 2nd-7th. I wonder what it takes to turn it back on specifically if anything.
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 4:32pm
via Android

And it's back to syncing today, only thing I did different  today from yesterday is unchecking and then rechecking the sync with S Health option before the workout.

23 Feb
It has nothing to do we the option checking from what I experienced - it just stops working from time to time
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 9:19pm
via Android

I think you're right since I've practically done the same thing other times, just reporting what I saw incase somebody from Skimble checks in

23 Feb
They're constantly telling that it's not their fault but the one of Samsung
24 Feb
Yea, we totally understand that it looks like we're giving you the runaround, but we're totally in limbo. All we can do right now is wait until Samsung updates their side (APK) so the apps can communicate together. We're really sorry for the inconvenience.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51