Everyday??

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

Is it healthy to do sports for the same muscle group everyday ?? I heard doing sport for (for example) the butt everyday isn't healthy and you should let your muscles grow for one or two days without sports... is that true and will you get your results faster with the breaks? ..

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 6:22pm
via Android

The harder you work, the more you need to rest. You don't get strong working out, working out just provides the stimulus for change. It's how you rest and what you eat that completes the change

05 Nov
Bottom line, listen to your body
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 5, 2014 6:31pm
via Android

Hi

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 6:33pm
via Android

100 % true

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 6:57pm
via iOS
You can set schedules. Monday core, Tuesday legs, Wednesday arms & back Thursday rest, Friday cheat day. It's up to you! Just make sure to give your body a break every once in a while for it to recover. Hope this helps
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 7:10pm
via Android

Just how we recover on a vacation and feel better and more relaxed when u get back to work and stuff same goes for your body on our rest days

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 9:13pm
via Android

Its not good to over work the same body parts,

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 9:33pm
via iOS
My thoughts on this kinda question is that, unless you compete or want to dedicate your life to fitness you should just do what you enjoy, listen to your body when it is tired, and have fun! I get bored easily so I switch my workouts every few weeks. Right now I'm working every body part twice a week with different rep/weight variations enjoying the pain and intensity. Other weeks I'll lift heavy and have cardio days, other weeks I'll do crossfit.. I just love being in the gym and smashing shit up, reading up on new programs and trying stuff out.. Being healthy & feeling good about myself is a fun side-effect 
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 5:22am
via Android

It's a yes and a no. Let's break down your questions and see where you fit in.

Is it healthy to do sports for the same muscle group everyday?

- YES if you're in a sport team and you play a specific role in that team. But if you're doing a specific sport that only targets (say) upper body as your workout then it's not best to keep doing it if you want to look proportionate.

SO IF THE ABOVE STATEMENT IS TRUE THEN WHAT YOU HEARD HAS SOME TRUTH TO IT.

"I heard doing sport for (for example) the butt everyday
isn't healthy and you should let your muscles grow for one or two days without sports..."

I don't think "healthy" or "unhealthy" is the best word to use. Maybe "not suggested" might be best.

" is that true and will you get your
results faster with the breaks? "
- Yes and No. This is important. Yes because you need your muscle to recover and not have them get use to the same workout everyday. You got to have your muscles confused. And NO because other factor play more important role then just rest. NUTRITION! What you feed your body that is more important for growth.

There's a Ying and yang to everything, you just need to know where you fit in to implement the right components.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 9:31pm
via Android

Hi

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51