Workout help (Gender filter)

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 1:39pm
via Android

Hi!
I'm a member of this community for a while now, not an active one though. I don't regularly workout, but when I do its usually beginner running and nothing else. It has happened to me more than once that I start a workout session thinking that its for men only and find myself skipping through some exercises or quit the program altogether during the session because I think that that some exercises, essentially where the video of a female trainer is used are only meant for women. And because I've never found any filter option where we can set the workout for a particular gender, I'm confused. Am I supposed to skip through those exercises? Are those meant for women only? What do you do?

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:04pm
via Android

Hey there! :) workout doesn't discriminate women and men, both genders can do push ups, pull ups, splits, cartwheels, handstands etc. Fitness has no gender :)

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:09pm
via Android

Yeah I understand that some exercises are meant for both genders but there are some exercises created only for a specific gender. So my question is, when would you know that "this" particular exercise is not meant for a man or a woman at any point of time during the workout session?

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:11pm
via Android

No there aren't lol every exercise you see can be done both by a male and a female, as I said, fitness has no gender. That means that you can do both the exercise with the female sample and the male ones :)

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:12pm
via Android

In the videos it shows sometimes a man sometimes a woman. But either gender can do it

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 3:19pm
via Android

Men and women have the same body parts with the same muscles, hence they can do the same exercises. I get that one might feel like an exercise presented as butt-shaping or whatever might be perceived as for females, but that's just presentation. Men work their glutes too.

In the workouts I've done so far there's been both male and female visual instructors in the same video and I draw the conclusion that this is to show the workout is gender neutral and can be done by anyone.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51