I want to gain weight

7 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 9:32am
via Android

Am very lean. So I want to gain weight by workouts. Suggest me the workouts which can build muscles to gain weight?

08 Dec
More of weight training and less of cardio.
08 Dec
1 Post
Dec 8, 2014 1:08pm
via Android

The best way to gain good weight (muscle  mass ) is by working out wich is 20% of the battle  but also by eating better and learn how to suplement yourself better wich is 80% of the battle.

33 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 2:59pm

Unfortunately it is not easy. I think it is just as hard for someone to gain weight as it is for someone that needs to lose it. As it was mentioned already you will have to focus on weight training and less cardio but do NOT stop cardio altogether because you need to keep your respiratory system in check. As a matter of fact I suggest that you do at least 15 to 20 minutes of cardio before and after your workout.

As far as putting on mass I won't go into the details of the 1 gram of protein per pound and yatta yatta yatta. For now concentrate on your eating habits. You will need to consume 5 to 6 meals/snacks a day. From doing this you are taking in more calories than your body needs to sustain your current weight. This overloads your caloric intake and you start putting on pounds. The thing to remember is that you MUST work out or you will only become fat (I hate that word). So lift weights and go hard so that as you are packing on mass while you are strengthening yourself and in doing so your muscles will get more dense.

It is very difficult for a person who does not eat a lot to eat enough to gain weight and this is why I say (in my opinion) that it is just as hard as losing weight. The grass is always greener on the other side right? Anyways.. to help your intake look into getting a mass gainer to supplement with. check to make sure that whatever you pick is right for you. Supplements sometimes contains things that some people are allergic to like egg and etc. Check with your doctor if you are unsure. The mass gainer can be used in place of a meal but it will still give you the calories that you need. Meats, potatoes, rice, fish and eggs are all good nutrient sources for gaining although some are better than others. Do some research. Always research.

STAY AWAY FROM CRAP FOOD. It is ok for now to partake of SOME junk foods to get you were you want to go even though some people will disagree but if you are younger you will have time to bulk and then substitute these things with healthy alternatives. Ultimately you are going to want to stay away from processed foods and make sure you get your carbs and protein but keep in mind that carbs and sugars (turns to carbs in the body) are bad for diabetics so if you have an issue like that you will have to switch things up a bit. Again always consult with your doctor beforehand. 

If you are not used to lifting and you want a simple workout plan to do while you concentrate on your eating then look into the 5x5 workout. Check it out from StrongLifts [http://stronglifts.com/5x5/]. It is a great site and a simple workout. There are many variations of the 5x5 but Mehdi does a great job with making his information available for free and he also goes over gaining, nutrition and simply 5x5 techniques.

No matter what do NOT give up. If this is what you want then you need to grab hold of it and make it yours. There are tons of info available online but you happen to be in the best place on Skimble. There are people all over Skimble that will gladly guide you towards your goal but it is you that will have to do the work. Just take it one step at a time.

Good luck bro.

3 Posts
Dec 10, 2014 10:36am
via Android

Thanks, but can you list out some workouts I have to do..

10 Dec
Nobody can really tell you exactly what to do. There are many workout programs on skimble and a ton of information on the net. You have to see what you like and what applies to you. Use the resources that are available to you. What you might want to do for support is to jump into one of the challenges on skimble until you learn more. Do your research before starting anything serious.
3 Posts
Dec 10, 2014 10:48am
via Android

I like to use only dumbbells.

10 Dec
You can change up a lot of exercises to use dumbbells. I would suggest you Google "dumbbell exercises". That will get you started but you will also have to throw in some more stuff like pushups, situps, pullups and etc since you will not be using other weightlifting equipment. If your seriously don't have equipment readily available you can make them. The first thing is not letting anything stop you from your goal. If you don't have it, buy it. If you can't buy it, make it. If you can't make it, look for a variation.
Dec 10, 2014 11:16am
via Android

Well, hello there! Here's a list of the workouts and they're all done as 1 set of 8-10 repeation

Barbell squat

Leg extensions

Lying leg curls

Bent arm dumbbell pullover

Seated barbell military press

Seated cable rows

Barbell bench press medium grip

Barbell curl

Seated triceps press

Pull ups

Bench dips

Standing calf raises

Nb; you need to really warm up prior to the exercises to prevent injuries. Also you ought to have a one day rest interval and on those off days do not work on your ab muscles cause they ain't different from the rest of your body muscles.

Good luck ji

33 Posts
Dec 10, 2014 2:26pm

If you like dumbbells then check out this Skimble workout called "Dumbbell Muscle Blaster" http://skm.me/sw/2UTf

Sorry, the link tool is not working for me right now so you will have to copy and paste the link.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51