Calories on Skimble

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 12:26am
via iOS
I completed GURU KNOWS... And it says I burned 303 calories. I find that hard to believe since I barely broke a sweat. Does anyone know how accurate the calorie counting is on the workouts on here?
22 Jan
It's an estimate based on data you entered about yourself when you set up the app. Impossible to account for what you actually put into a workout but don't judge a without by whether or not you sweat, it's what you put into each movement and/or rep.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 7:24am
via Android

Hiiiiiiii

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 7:59am
via Android

I figured it was based on the time and the rating (ex, moderate) and MAYBE personal info like weight but all in all a very loose estimate & not accurate. There's no way it really could be.

I count calories I eat but not usually exercise calories.

Although you can kind of get an idea what you're burning if you study the different lists of calories burned activities online or in myfitnesspal.

If you want greater accuracy & less effort maybe look into one of those fitness trackers that attaches to you & monitors your vitals.

22 Jan
The only way you can get a somewhat accurate calorie count on yourself is by using a heart rate monitor while you work out. I have the Garmin. I am waiting for the fitbit pulse which is nowhere in stores because it is new and the only heart rate monitor that measures a continuous heart rate from your wrist. My garmin has a strap I have to put on around my chest to read my continuous heart rate during a workout.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 4:28pm
via Android

Sweat doesn't neccesarely mean burn calories, sweat means your body is too warm so you need cool dónde and thats where you start sweating. Maybe you are in a cold enough enviroment so, even if you are workingout, your body isn't getting warm enough so you have to sweat, but you're burning calories.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51