Nutrition tracking?

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 6:23pm
via Android

I'm entering my food within the s health app but coming from fitbit I find the lack of nutritional information disappointing.
Does anyone know of any integrated alternatives or if I'm just missing how to get to the details?

02 Feb
My fitness pal have heard good things about it give it a try
02 Feb
My S Health gives me at least fat, carbs and protein - and I'm fine with that
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 6:39pm
via Android

I agree my fitness pal is great.

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 6:55pm
via Android

I'm using MyFitnessPal too! Recommended :)

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 7:55pm
via Android

I've been using sparkpeople. I think the food logging is way better than s health.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 9:14pm
via iOS
Does anyone have any good links for meal planning?
03 Feb
Choosemyplate.gov (i think, Google can find it)
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 3:36am
via Android

Where do you see that detail within s health? I haven't found it...

03 Feb
Weird...I see it in every food detail I choose. Like when I search for some food, then select it and then, right where I select the size of the portion or gram, the detail is there below the overall calories. You also see it in the list of the food of each meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) and then again at the summary of each day, just below the calories circle. Maybe this is about version? I got 3.5.5.0036
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 3:38am
via Android

Is it integrated with s health?

03 Feb
No, my fitness pal does not link with shealth. It does link with fitbit. Those of us who use those two apps enter the exercise name, time, and calories burned for our exercises on workout trainer into mfp, where it syncs with fitbit if those two accounts are linked. I decided to think of it as a new hobby instead of getting frustrated. :-)
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 1:50am
via Android

No, I was looking for the summary details of the day or meal rather than the individual food. The reporting and overview features provided in s health is really lacking and so far just requires too many add ons and additional apps.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 2:46am
via Android

Take a look at the loseit, fitbit,  and Myfitnesspal apps. They may provide you the data readouts you want.

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 4:53am
via iOS
I love My Fitness Pal! It has a good list of food, let's you scan barcodes and also put in your own recipe if it's something you make often. All the information you would find on the box is on the app and it shows you a breakdown of the day with protein fats and carbs. It's a good one and I love it over Lose it.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 5:22am
via Android

Thanks. I've used fitbit since it was released but I was really hoping for a single health suite. Maybe in time...

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 4, 2015 5:28am
via Android

Recipes&nutrition is a good meal helper. Diet helper

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51