Shoes or no shoes

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 22, 2015 7:44pm
via Android

I work out at home should i wear my sneakers in the house. Will it help with impact.

22 Feb
What is your sneackers
22 Feb
I wear nike sneakers but I know people that rather wear nike meomery foam flip flops
22 Feb
Inside barefoot I tend to slip on the tile with shoes outside with my sneaks.
23 Feb
Me personally I prefer to train barefoot when I'm at home (even by doing plank) It is not always easy but I challenge myself and I think it strengths my feet
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 8:01pm
via Android

I prefer wearing sport shoes - it doesn't really influence the impact, but it increases control.

22 Feb
22 Feb
Welcome. Enjoy your journey!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 22, 2015 8:51pm
via Android

I don't use any, I work out barefoot. It's more comfortable, at least for me

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 9:41pm
via Android

I do not wear shoes, so I guess go shoeless.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 12:19am
via Android

If I'm lifting weights I wear shoes. If I'm doing cardio, core exercises, body weight workouts I go with yoga socks.

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 2:18am
via Android

I used to use shoes but now I don't for the most part... Helps you work on your balance too :)

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 4:12am
via Android

If doing low/ high impact I wear shoes because I slip.

Weight lifted is more controlled I do not wear shoes.

I guess it depends on floor type & exercise.

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 6:00am
via Android

I always wear shoes just because I feel like they give me more stability and grip. Also I think any padding will lessen the impact so if you want less impact, wear shoes. Someone will disagree with me on that I'm sure but it's what padding and cushioning in shoes is made for.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 7:52am
via Android

I prefer being barefoot. I'm used to doing yoga so it comes naturally to me. When doing planks and such wearing shoes gives a bit more stability, but they tend to keep sliding away on the floor.

There are different opinions on this, some say your feet aren't meant to wear shoes and you should always be barefoot and wear barefoot shoes outside, because the muscles in your feet will then work naturally. Others say we need shoes to reduce impact and keeping our feet and ankles straight. I guess it depends on who's paying them. :)

I wear shoes when running and taking walks because I'm a little scared of the barefoot shoes, but never any kind of shoes indoors apart from soft sheep's skin slippers.

26 Feb
Exactly what AnnaAnna said :-)
Feb 24, 2015 11:05am
via Android

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 11:38am
via Android

i guess it depends on the exercise you're doing, the type of the floor etc.. If you want to develop the muscles in your feet and practice balance/stability but still have some protection you can try those vibram 5fingers shoes

Feb 24, 2015 12:09pm
via Android
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 26, 2015 7:01pm
via Android

I like training in vibram five fingers, or filas skeletoes. I know people think they are a gimick but I trained for a mud run in skeletoes and had no problem. And, I'm not a runner. They really improve your stride and I don't get shin splints in them. I wear them in the gym when I weight lift and they do great, they breath better than most sneakers.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51