Activity points

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 12:47pm

How are the activity points counted? Is it per workout, time, intensity? I see on the leaderboard that the leaders of March already have several hundred points, I can't really wrap my head around how that's possible.

03 Mar
I was wondering yesterday what are the points for? And how u get them! Lol
03 Mar
I've just checked mine after this thread and I've got more than I thought. Don't know why as I know I follow people that do longer workouts AND intense ones at that! Well, it proves my point that it's weird. At least to me. I'll follow only if I win a year supply of home made lasagna. :P
Image_thumb
334 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 1:08pm
via Android

No idea Anna.

I use my stats and try to do the same every day of the week. By that I mean do at least one workout a day if not more. Trying to workout 6 out of the 7 days and push myself everyday. By sunday I want to feel like. I deserve that rest.

If I start concentrating on the board I might get discouraged. Like the scales.
Many are in better shape than me so it would not be realistic for me to try and compete with them point wise even if I wanted to.

So I guess I compete against myself and do a little more each day.

07 Mar
I'm a really competitive person so I can't help it. :D I don't look at it all the time, but I like to check how many points the people I follow have an what place I'm in. On the Daily Yoga app I followed one woman who did like two hours of yoga a day and I actually considered unfollowing her since it ticked me off constantly being in second place, LOOOL!
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 1:28pm
via iOS
It's primarily based on time and a rough calculation from what I've seen. It doesn't matter how intense the workou is. I pay it no attention
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 2:10pm
via Android

I thought the activity points depended only on the duration of the workouts.

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 2:26pm
via Android

Let's be honest, some people abuse the hell out of this function... It's kinda pathetic

03 Mar
What's the point? It won't change the body. I'd rather challenge myself and try to do better than the day before or the week before.
03 Mar
Exactly... I guess they feel popular or something
07 Mar
That's just lame. But I've noticed the same thing on the leaderboard in the Daily Yoga app, some people have so many points they'd need to do eight hours of yoga every day.
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 4:19pm
via Android

I also use the GPS Sports Tracker for gym workouts - it uses the same activity points system and also syncs.

What I do not get: a 6 mins workout here in the app weighs more than a good 20 mins on the treadmill in the Sports Tracker...just weird.

Anyway: love the points system, it's a great motivation and benchmark for me.

03 Mar
GPS Sports Tracker is from Skimble as well I should have written...
07 Mar
I was gonna start using it but it doesn't have an option to track walking, so I sticked with Endomondo.
07 Mar
Ooh, didn't notice that! Well you can at least choose running or hiking - it's just a change of pace. Had Endomondo for 3 days and received like 30 (ad) mails from them. Was totally annoyed and deleted it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51