I did the weight loss exercise-Weight loss for newbies.How much calories did i burn?

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Mar 7, 2015 1:00pm

I did the full workout-weight loss for newbies but i cannot find out how much calories i burnt.Please help as i hsve to enter it in MyFitnessPal.

195 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:20pm
via Android

When you enter your weight it should give you the calories burnt after doing it

07 Mar
Or think about purchasing a heart rate monitor
07 Mar
Thank you so much.It was of great help.
07 Mar
Welcome. Enjoy your journey!
950 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:35pm
via Android

For myfitnesspal you can browse exercises and find one that seems similar. Like if you were totally going all out heart pumping sweat flowing, then choose fast jumprope, otherwise look for something less intense...
It takes a little time to dial it in but you'll end up with a pretty good idea of what various activities will burn.

I often used one of the general "aerobics"  or  "isometrics"

Don't worry too much about logging exercise perfectly. If your goal is weight loss, you have to be careful because it's very common to log myfitnesspal exercise as burning more than you actually did. Try finding exercises that feel similar to the intensity level, then maybe log them for half or 3/4 the time you actually did.  If you plan on eating exactly the recommended calories, and eat to balance out exercise, you might end up going over without trying.

One idea: You could set your mfp settings for a very conservative weight loss goal & just not log exercise & consider it bonus burn. Unless you're really working super hard you're prob not gonna go too low.

07 Mar
Thank You So much.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51