Good way to start running?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
66 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 4:37am
via Android

I really wanna start running, but I always feel weird going out there and running. I have no problems doing it at track, but I can't seem to do it at home. Any suggestions?

18 Mar
Start doing it at night before you feel more comfortable within yourself
30 Mar
Hi, Thomas I used to feel the same way and as Jai said I started running after dark and can't recollect when I came over this inhibition. Now I care a damn about the people watching me, at least I am doing something worthwhile... Let them watch while I sweat out.. This feeling adds a boost to my workouts..
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 6:29am
via Android

Is the problem you don't feel comfortable with your running skills, or do you feel awkward running in public because you're not used to it?

18 Mar
My skill are fine, I just feel awkward with strangers watching me run, rather than my team.
18 Mar
I understand. I felt the same way and still do sometimes. Like Jai said, start by going out after dark or really early in the morning when there's less people out. Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in. Pick places where there aren't so many people or people who themselves are running, like trails. Make it easy for yourself in the beginning and you'll grow more confident! I still feel a bit awkward sometimes but I just repeat to myself that all the other people are focusing as much on themselves as I do on me.
10592681_10152519488617339_1659590334237299413_n_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 1:16pm
via iOS
I used to feel this way too, I don't remember when I got over it but I remember how.

I just stopped bothering myself about it. Screw 'em. Seriously, people will always watch you whether your sitting on a bench in public or running by one. I guess when I'm feeling really self-conscious I tell myself I'd rather feel great about myself when they do look and running does that for me.

Good luck, just remember it's not about them, and find a quiet place you can run with minimal distractions, either off of the road or on a slow one and let it just be your time so it becomes a treat, not a source of anxiety. 
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 1:22pm
via Android

Quem e você pra mim trapalha  eu estou mam daodo iso pra voce eu to mão dão do ese coração porque eu to comraiva

19 Mar
Inglês, ninguém entende você. (Google translate)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51