Is there a cure

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 1:18am
via Android

Dear God please tell me there's a cure to so much soreness? ?? Newbie beat down occurred yesterday and today. Any suggestions other than ibuprofen?

26 Apr
Dont think about it...it makes it worse and keep moving and gentle stretching...if its really bad paracetamol, I wouldnt take ibroprofen as it can damage stomach...I ended up with 2 ulcers many years ago due to backpain.
26 Apr
Lots of stretching . Ibuprofen is ok just make sure u eat b4 u take it cause can irritate stomache same as asprin they're both anti inflammatory so are good for muscle pain ( just eat b4 ) . Rest too maybe Bcaa can help with reparing muscles too :-) u'll be ok :-)
26 Apr
Take Bcaa powder and glutamine
27 Apr
Thanks everyone. Today is better. I had plenty of resting and stretching.
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 2:06am
via Android

Stretch a lot. Massages help too. Heating pads have helped me.

25 Apr
Hadn't thought of heating pads! Thanks.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 3:41am
via iOS
Painkillers, a hot bath, and suck it up! We've all be through it. It's normal. 

Keep going 
25 Apr
Thanks. And that is the current process. My legs feel like they are going to fall off. This what happens to newbies in the fitness world!
25 Apr
Completely normal. Also every time a person changes their workout program they experience soreness... the difference is that the tough f*ckers push through and keep adapting. Be one of em! It's awesome!!
25 Apr
I barely seen this second comment of yours. And soo agree that is prettt much what makes or breaks people into the fitness world. I ain't giving up just yet. I really do want this. I am just seeking ideas to help with the muscle aches :)
25 Apr
Believe it or not but doing some light cardio helps. 10mins of bike etc helps with the soreness in your legs. Foam rolling and a lot of stretching before and after. Banana also helps.
26 Apr
Yea I have some cardio in the mix. Thanks for the tips! Im a far way from my goal but with a few good tips, motivation and determination im set up for success
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 11:14am
via Android

this gets better with time though it does happen when you totally change your workouts too. What I do that is a must for me is I have light intensity days and hard intensity days. Some days stretching.

This helps so you don't get too sore and you get a balanced body. Some light days I do light toning.

25 Apr
Thank you Tara. I'm a COMPLETE newbie. Lol but after only a week I am seeing results!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 25, 2015 6:49pm
via Android

Drink water. Lactic acid is water soluble so drinking water will help flush it out and minimize the build up of lactic acid which is what causes the burn you feel. Push through it, no pain no gain.

25 Apr
Thank you Shantel. There is a lot of pain and a lot more to gain. And I do drink water but will bump it up :)
26 Apr
The theory about lactate and muscle soreness is disproved. Lactate is back to normal long before the pain comes. Your muscle fibres are damaged, this is the reason for it. But even this doesn't explain everything... very new is the idea, that also your fascies are damaged or shifted.
Image_thumb
95 Posts
Apr 26, 2015 4:15am
via iOS
Water, rest, ibuprofen get back to activity ASAP.  To prevent it next time, stretch afterwards, massage and heat like a sauna or a hot tub.  
26 Apr
Thaks found that the sauna is great after workouts!
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 26, 2015 12:33pm
via Android

Gentle massages, heat, little moving. It can last for 5 days! If it doesn't get better, go to a doc. Maybe it's a strain/pulled muscle or something is torn.
Warm up before, cherry juice before and after a workout, protein straight after, a good cool down and stretching after a workout is helpful next time.

26 Apr
Unfortunately I think that it isn't a strain or injury. It's just being overworked and the first week! Thank for the ideas :)
26 Apr
Unfortunately? You should be glad:) just be careful with your next workout, start slow
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Apr 26, 2015 4:39pm
via iOS
Actually another workout might help 
27 Apr
Yes I exactly did that and yes it hurts but I think I can do this!
28 Apr
Of course you can do this. But at the start you've got to push thru the pain :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 27, 2015 11:59am
via Android

Icon_missing_thumb
280 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 2:12am
via Android

The pain just means your doing things right. Pain is a good sign.

29 Apr
Lol well I'm still hurting if that means its working I hope I hurt all week long and into the next! Thanks

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51