Some help please? (Weights)

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 12:40am
via Android

So I've been commiting myself to the gym mainly cardio, since I was so out of shape. I am at the point where I can actually stay on a treadmill for an hour at a moderate jogging rate. I need to start doing some weights. Everytime I approach that section in the gym I feel super intimidated and out of place. Where or how can I start? Any ideas please? Thanks!

29 Apr
I speak for many regular iron rats when I say "we really don't care what other people are doing on the weights as we're too busy crying inside from lifting them ourselves"... You'll come across the odd perv or know-it-all lunk but that's the same as when you go shopping for groceries. My advice? Turn your music up loud, zone out, and have some fun! If any annoying people ask you what you're doing, if you need help, need a spotter, if you compete, are you a dancer blah blah, just yell back "SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I DON'T...
29 Apr
Lol! Love the humor. I guess thats right. Any advice as to where to start? I basically want butt, leg, and trim down my back. Want to get rid of the around the bra bulge. Im already big breasted so don't want to tone too much around arms and chest.
29 Apr
Ahhhh butt & legs. And women wonder why so many pervs go to the gym!!!! Yeah sure, lemme think & I'll attach a few suggested workouts to this topic for you - some with weights, some without
29 Apr
Now that's a BIG lol to pervs. I don't think I have enough ass for that. But I'd be more than happy to work some up ;)
29 Apr
"There's an ass for every man" - Dalai Lama
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 1:11am
via iOS
29 Apr
As for the bulges, I'm a big fan of sprint intervals
29 Apr
Ok. So how many days a week should I do these? Or rotate? I'm very new to this.
29 Apr
I hit legs twice a week (that includes glutes etc) on a Monday & Friday - it'll hurt like hell if you're new to it @ you'll be sore every single day and struggle to walk. Depending on your focus you can decide what to do, for example, I've been doing shoulders/legs > chest/back > abs/cardio > arms > shoulders/legs > abs/cardio > rest
29 Apr
Yea I've been ripped a new one this whole past week :/ but I have to admit it's getting better. I'm down for the challenge and definitely will post pics :p
29 Apr
It's the best way to track your progress. The weighing scale is the devil
Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 29, 2015 1:38am
via Android

Hit me up I'll share what I do.  Number one thing, never be intimidated.

29 Apr
I guess I feel that way becuase it seems like im the only one that doesn't know what their doing! But I guess what really counts is showing up right?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51