No reps no weight

7 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 19, 2015 1:33pm
via Android

This app doesn't allow to record the number of reps or the weight lifted........or am I missing something. Pls suggest

19 May
Actually it's better to time them than count . Brain is easy to fool and if you stick in your brain the idea that your body needs to do 25 30 reps of pushups for example you might do them but your body Could have pushed untill 36 40 reps. Choose the rythm you do your exercises (slow or fast).
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 19, 2015 4:05pm
via Android

Thanks for the response. To an extent you might be right about reps but in weight training you can't do away with the importance of incremental weights. Knowing and recording the lbs/kgs that you lift is as important as the reps or the time....don't u think so?

Image_thumb
954 Posts
May 19, 2015 11:15pm
via Android

I make my workouts with an estimated time i need to do my set, then I record my numbers in a separate app, called 'simple workout log'... Switching between apps is easy with SwipePad

It would be nice to have a place in this app to log reps&weight, even if making a workout be able to count reps is impractical. I used to enter the numbers in the after-workout comment, but the workout logging app is much better.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 20, 2015 2:58am
via Android

I agree and that's exactly what my point is. 1 minute of bench press with 40 lbs is not same as the one done with 200 lbs.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
May 20, 2015 10:26am
via Android

Yeah we definitely need to log reps and weights somewhere... would be nice to have it within the app.

I guess the mechanics would just be too complicated.... Like, i need to log numbers after each set or I'll forget, so to have a logging screen after the whole workout would be practically useless, but to make it go to a logging screen prompt in the middle of a workout would probably require changing how everything in the app worked.

Seriously, if you don't have it, check out SwipePad for easy changing between apps.  I'll be in skimble, then a quick drag of my finger and I'll be in Simple Workout Log to log my reps, then another swipe and I'm in my music app or checking twitter, and then back to skimble before my rest period is finished.

20 May
Are you an iOS user? I can use the press and hold home screen button on my Samsung to access and swipe between all apps that I've had open for the last few days or so.
20 May
Awww yeah im in Android but i just never use that function... Guess i got used to not having it on older versions... Plus in swipepad all my chosen apps are always in the same place rather than jumbled in whatever order i used them last... But yeah that works too.
21 May
I'm gonna check out SwipePad too. I hate it when I accidentally press the home screen button instead of holding it in and end up on the home screen instead of the app list. The function isn't too good either, it sometimes takes me to the app next or before the one I chose. It's super annoying if you're in a hurry. Only problem is I have so many apps my memory is almost full. :) Thanks for the suggestion!
Image_thumb
382 Posts
May 20, 2015 10:59am
via Android

Just want to point out that you wouldn't have to download and use another app that's specific just for logging reps and weights, you can use a memo or note app which you probably have pre-installed on your phone. Or just good old pen and paper, which I prefer for logging reps and weights since I feel it gives me a better overview.

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
May 20, 2015 11:05am
via Android

Thanks everyone. Good points. Happy sweating. I'll be using log and trainer both.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51