When a Workout Stops Working

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Feb 16, 2016 11:35pm
via iOS
If you do the same workout for a while , will it eventually stop working the same as it did when you first started doing it?
17 Feb
Sometimes if the person who created the workout edits the workout there will be playback issues if this is what you're asking. A quick fix is play it once, then exit out of the video and then try playing it again. This usually foxes that issue
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Feb 16, 2016 11:46pm
via Android

A) why do you post the same topic twice?

B)  no not really. Ppl will talk about "muscle confusion" but it's mostly bro-science, aka b.s.

You do become better.  Your body becomes more efficient, so technically you will burn fewer calories doing the same things, but the difference is so small it's not even worth considering.

Your only danger in repeating a workout is if you become bored with it and start convincing yourself to skip it.

16 Feb
Of course with any exercise, as you get fitter, you have to raise the level of the workout if you want to see more progress, otherwise you'll just be maintaining whatever you've accomplished already without further changes, which is fine if you're satisfied & that's what you want. Like with cardio, you typically increase the time or intensity and with weights, you increase the weight or reps.
17 Feb
a) I post the same topic on different forums to get more answers and thank you
17 Feb
Aha I thought that might be it. I never look at anything besides "active topics" where everything shows up with no forum topic specified.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51